Ok...I saw the advert on Just Flight about the SWS F-104 Starfighter S.  I already have a Virtavia F-104, but it is somewhat lacking.  Time for a new toy......!!

I bought the said flight sim from Just Flight and had to wait for an activation code from SWS (about 12 hours).   It's quite a plane and looks very good, but there is a LOT too it.  I need a manual and I am instructed to go to the SSW Support Forum to download it from there.  You need to register...but there is no where to register.  It says to contact them if there is an issue.  I contacted them...two days ago. No reply!

I contacted Flight Sim, who are not much help as it is not their product!  They just say contact SWS, which I have.  I feel as though I am going round in circles.  I also feel that as Just Flight as selling the product, they should be able to provide the advertised F-104 Flight Manual.

Anybody else have this issue?  :stars:

Martin.

I feel your frustration...getting stymied by a download is a PITA.

In JF's defense, it says in bold text on every SSW product that they are selling it on behalf of SSW and users must use the SSW system to activate. They also list a Support Forum that you can join, which may (or not) give you the answers you need, depending on how active those forums are. We all can appreciate that sometimes users on forums are quicker to respond often than the devs themselves (Coffee replies 10 minutes after you post... :D ).

Link to SSW support forum registration page:

Have you had a go at: http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkBB/

Good luck and PLEASE update me on how that plane is...F-104 is my all time favorite "Looking" jet, and I'd love to add a nice model to my hangar. The Virtavia model rendering didn't interest me enough to buy it even on sale.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response Matt.  The link that you provided is my point though. There is nowhere to actually register as a new user.  You have a contact button, which I went through to try and register, and I did that about two days ago with no response!  It seems a bit ill thought out and is not exactly user friendly.

I hear what you are saying about Just Flight's comments, but they should be able to supply basic things like a manual.......just like I would expect a car dealership to supply a car manual for a new car. I would not expect to have to contact the car maker.  I should not be given the run around to a company that will not respond!

As for the F-104, it looks and sounds great (far and above Virtavia's offering), but you certainly need a flight manual to help.  There is a LOT to it. 

I will let you know if I get a full manual as they advertise.

Martin

Aha!  You are a STAR!!!  Thank you-Thank you!!  :thanks:

At least I have an account now...now to find the manual!! 

By the way, there are some cool schemes on their F-104S, including a lovely tiger scheme.  If I can get things figured, in due course, I may be tempted by the F-104G too.  As you say, the F-104 is a great plane. I saw one flying in the UK a few years ago and it looks and sounds awesome!

Martin

Update:  I now have the F-104 flight manual  (quite a hefty one).  I still could not find it on their site, so contacted them again.  This time, I got a response!  :thum:

Thanks Captain Coffee for your help!  Have a coffee on me....;).  (Just wish I could join you as I love coffee too!  It is assumed that all English people drink tea....I can't stand the stuff!!)  :faint:

Regards

Martin

Cheer up, Martin. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best 
And 

Always look on the bright side of life! :D

• Like 1
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:26, Tristarcaptain said:

Update:  I now have the F-104 flight manual  (quite a hefty one).  I still could not find it on their site, so contacted them again.  This time, I got a response!  :thum:

Thanks Captain Coffee for your help!  Have a coffee on me....;).  (Just wish I could join you as I love coffee too!  It is assumed that all English people drink tea....I can't stand the stuff!!)  :faint:

Regards

Martin

Glad to hear you got the manual. :thum: Would you care to share how you got it? I to visited their site and can verify there is nowhere to register.  I know the content management system they are using, the registration link should be to the left of the login link at the top LHS of the page.  It seems to have been disabled.  It is always nice to see the manual before spending hard earned cash on an aircraft.  

Also I would just like to point out that I am English and I can trace my Englishness back to the year 1510.  I think tea is the foulest most disgusting beverage the world has ever seen. That includes everything from English Breakfast right through the weirdest peppermint and ferret designer tea you can get.:mellow: Give me coffee any time, and not the anaemic dishwater that you get in almost all major high street chains.  Proper coffee with a good deep flavour and a bit of a kick for the mornings. (Rant over):old-git:

• Like 1

There's probably a watch list for non tea drinkers.:P

For me tea goes good with Chinese food, an evening relax and mint or apple cider tea is great when you have a cold. Coffee is a must for breakfast or camping.:D

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 19:07, J G said:

Glad to hear you got the manual. :thum: Would you care to share how you got it? I to visited their site and can verify there is nowhere to register.  I know the content management system they are using, the registration link should be to the left of the login link at the top LHS of the page.  It seems to have been disabled.  It is always nice to see the manual before spending hard earned cash on an aircraft.  

Also I would just like to point out that I am English and I can trace my Englishness back to the year 1510.  I think tea is the foulest most disgusting beverage the world has ever seen. That includes everything from English Breakfast right through the weirdest peppermint and ferret designer tea you can get.:mellow: Give me coffee any time, and not the anaemic dishwater that you get in almost all major high street chains.  Proper coffee with a good deep flavour and a bit of a kick for the mornings. (Rant over):old-git:

I still ended up have to go through the help desk, as it was not easy to find the flight manual (several hundred pages).  In the end, I did find some more basic stuff hidden away in the download itself.  They sure did not make it easy.

If you want to PM  me and let me know your e-mail address, I could send the stuff over as an attachment if you want.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, brett said:

There's probably a watch list for non tea drinkers.:P

For me tea goes good with Chinese food, an evening relax and mint or apple cider tea is great when you have a cold. Coffee is a must for breakfast or camping.:D

I like a Coke or Pepsi with my Chinese food! :P

Mornings don't exist until have I have had my coffee!

Martin :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

I still ended up have to go through the help desk, as it was not easy to find the flight manual (several hundred pages).  In the end, I did find some more basic stuff hidden away in the download itself.  They sure did not make it easy.

If you want to PM  me and let me know your e-mail address, I could send the stuff over as an attachment if you want.

I would love to get a look at that manual.

PM'ing you email address.

Regarding coffee, it's pretty darn obvious where I stand on the issue of coffee vs tea. However, I don't find tea vile. I love good tea with asian food of any kind, but often the tea at most local places are far to weak for heavy body coffee loving me. I crave mint or lemon tea in the evenings when I have a cold, or if it is just miserable cold mid winter in my stuffy boat. Something comforting about peppermint tea while wrapped up in a blanket.

• Like 1