It's going to be a rather horrible day here in Victoria, with temps forecast to reach 44 deg. C, with gusty Northerly winds, bringing the fire rating to extreme.  I'm in the process of renewing my old evaporative air-conditioner, so lets hope it lasts the day.   

33 minutes ago, CAT3508 said:

It's going to be a rather horrible day here in Victoria, with temps forecast to reach 44 deg. C, with gusty Northerly winds, bringing the fire rating to extreme.  I'm in the process of renewing my old evaporative air-conditioner, so lets hope it lasts the day.   

Stay safe Neil and drink loads (of water obviously!)

The “blowflies” (campers and tourists) have swarmed to the beaches here in Torquay.

I am securely locked inside my house (bunker), finger hovering over the air conditioner control button in anticipation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Andrew Godden said:

The “blowflies” (campers and tourists) have swarmed to the beaches here in Torquay.

I am securely locked inside my house (bunker), finger hovering over the air conditioner control button in anticipation.

This begs the question, 'from what side of the door is it locked? Mmmm! That's a real poser.

• Haha 2

And now for a weather update.

In Torquay, Victoria, Australia it is hot. What am I saying!!! I should say the whole state of Victoria, and throw in South Australia, and Tasmania to boot.

Anyway, at least locally, after an overnight low of 16C (at 2.00am), it was 21C by 7.00am, and had hit 38C at 11.00am. Not far before we hit the predicted max of 42C before a late afternoon cool change.

More to follow.

• Thanks 1

It hit 119F last summer here on the Carquinez Straits with a breeze even...that's 48.3C to you. Mind you the Straits are usually the coolest spot, my friends were parboiled nearby with zero breeze. :( 

I'm thinking a fast asteroid might be preferable to slowly boiling like frogs in a pot.