British Bulldog

Its not often I post here but I believe Douglas Bader once got totally legless in one of these: 

bulldog1

bulldog2

bulldog3

bulldog4

bulldog5

bulldog6

bulldog7

bulldog8

A great little number new to the JF site.  Fun to fly and beautifully made. 

I had a few stutters despite running P3D v4.3 with settings fairly high, but not nearly as high as I could have had them. 

Edited by J G
  • Like 1

Looks very nice John.  I must admit that it is one that I find tempting.  I do not have any bi-planes in my collection!  :faint:

And yes, you are right...Douglas Bader did loose his legs in one of these...but then he was showing off!!!

Martin

Good looking bird, there is always room for some high quality Bi-planes. 

If you get stutters in P3D then there must be some problems with the model or textures I would think.

8 hours ago, brett said:

Good looking bird, there is always room for some high quality Bi-planes. 

If you get stutters in P3D then there must be some problems with the model or textures I would think.

Its not a repaint so I guess we might see a patch soon.

nice, I did look at this but wasn't sure I would ever use it.....JF say it's the Bristol Bulldog though...not being picky but just a very proud Bristol boy, even if I am 53 this year....

Edited by wain
more info

Yes, which is why I thought we may get a patch for it.

Since moving to P3D v4 I have lost some of my favourite aircraft, fie example, none of my three Lightnings (all Aerosoft) have been bought up to v4, but also I can't find a Tiger Moth which is a shame. I miss it as it is the aircraft I used to really properly get to grips with MS FS2004 back in the day, and has been in my stable ever since. The Bulldog is almost a substitute, it is fun to fly, not hard at all and is a beautifully modelled thing. I especially like the jittery valve springs on the cylinder head. The start sequence is also fun, involving compresses air, separate starting and running magneatos, and a nice wheezing sound to boot.

On 05/08/2018 at 03:00, Captain Coffee said:

Looks like a beauty! AH does a great job on the art, sometimes not so great on systems complexity...this being 'rustic' I'd hope that everything showing in the cockpit is functional and well simulated...is it???

The cockpit is great, everything works.

• Thanks 1