Only two shots as it is photo real and one clue

Clue is - it's a "City" airport

Mutley, Try Posting them again without the coordinates... - Fred

Good luck

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfast George Best City Airport (EGAC), Belfast, Norn Iron, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe.

It's be a right laugh if I was wrong now after all that :mrhappy: But I recognise the airport layout and parts of the Titanic Quarter.

I'd love a go Mut, waited since the forum started for this! :blush

On the condition, of course, that I don't post a single airstrip in the middle of Fermanagh which is then inadvertantly almost guessed by Fred :wink: :mrhappy:

Here we are then. Nice detailed scenery this, albeit at a very minor airport that we see very rarely in screenshots. No clues yet but if there's nobody getting warm by tomorrow I'll give you some (because I'm so nice).

fsscr005-14.jpg

fsscr006-12.jpg

fsscr007-13.jpg

fsscr008-13.jpg

I'll leave you to mull over that one for a while. I actually fancy doing a flight to here now :mrhappy:

Dave

Bugger :wink: Silly me :blush

Yes Fred, that is the scenery.

:mrhappy: It was the runways that gave it away. Quite a strange looking airport. The fact that i flew right over it oin my way into SXM this week didnt help either.

Will get some new ones up ASAP, although i fear it may not be until tomorrow morning.

Right sorry this took a little while.

No commentry, although i will add it as clues if this isnt guessed by tomorrow. I have a feeling that either someone will do a quick bit of math and get this quickly, or this is going to run.

GuesstheAirport-Question-SFAL1.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-SFAL2.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-SFAL3.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-SFAL4.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-SFAL5.jpg

Ascension island per chance?

Bugger, figured it would either go really quickly or take a week. It is Ascension, or FHAW, Ascension Island Base formerly Wideawake Airfield to be exact.

The clues are there if you look hard enough. (the name of the file, the aircraft type and number, the colour balance of shots)

Off you go then.

The only reason I guessed was:

-Its a small island

-It has a large runway .... so must be of military use

-You are using a Vulcan, Ascension island being the staging area for the bombing runs over to the Falklands

-My dad used to visit Ascension island with the RAF, so I have prior knowledge of the base.

Great choice for this though, I doubt many people would have guessed such a remote airfield!

The only reason I guessed was:

-Its a small island

-It has a large runway .... so must be of military use

-You are using a Vulcan, Ascension island being the staging area for the bombing runs over to the Falklands

-My dad used to visit Ascension island with the RAF, so I have prior knowledge of the base.

Great choice for this though, I doubt many people would have guessed such a remote airfield!

had i seen these pics earlier i'd have beaten you to it Martyn, having ID'd it in less than a few seconds of seeing the first shot - flew from there in the trusty Vickers Valiant on my way to Port Stanley for a recce before a Vulcan flight with JF's Vulcan (i was going to fly XM607) just a couple hours before Mullets original post!!

the island isn't very well depicted in those shots however, and 'Wideawake' looks very different to what's seen in the pictures - that's MS for you though, skimping on the detail for the sake of a few FPS.

Sounds like a good flight simi! Those V-Bombers certainly are great

My girlfriends dad used to fly the Victor in the RAF, its always interesting to hear stories from the good old days