Guess the Airport - Part deux!

Sounds like a good flight simi! Those V-Bombers certainly are great

My girlfriends dad used to fly the Victor in the RAF, its always interesting to hear stories from the good old days

For a really cracking read, and a great re-telling of the first 'Black Buck' raid, I suggest you read this book. The author certainly did hid research with the civilians, crews and squadrons involved. Its a fast moving book and crams two weeks into just 30 chapters, I just couldnt put it down!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe my dad owns it, so I will try and steal it from him :yes:

Im reading this at the moment, SUPERB book.

Its the really little things in it, where he has done his research so deep that makes the story read like fiction and is therefore even more enjoyable. (off hand comments by crew members/ground crew/crashed helicopter crew)

As im not overly sure how it all ended, i didnt want anyone to spoil it for me!

Is an XM607 repain avalble for the PSS/ Just Flight Vulcan?...i have had a look about but with no luck. (with scrubbed markings and dark grey underside?)

Yey to places that make people start interesting convos! :mrhappy:

Im reading this at the moment, SUPERB book.

Its the really little things in it, where he has done his research so deep that makes the story read like fiction and is therefore even more enjoyable. (off hand comments by crew members/ground crew/crashed helicopter crew)

As im not overly sure how it all ended, i didnt want anyone to spoil it for me!

i have to sincerely agree, the author really makes you feel as if you were in the cockpit with Martin Withers and Co. on their way to raid Port Stanley - and the re-fuelling plan for the flight.. well, thats another matter entirely!

Is an XM607 repaint avalble for the PSS/ Just Flight Vulcan?...i have had a look about but with no luck. (with scrubbed markings and dark grey underside?)

i've looked many places and have yet to locate one. I'm now at the point where i'd be very willing to give it a shot and re-paint my own XM607 if somebody could help with 3-view photos and a paint kit....

Yey to places that make people start interesting convos! :mrhappy:

i second that motion!

1.)Nope, the A318 isnt a clue. If I were to use an aircraft as a clue, it would be a 737-800 owned by a certain large Irish airline.

2.)The airport is using default scenery

Don't think it can be Shannon Simi, the rway is wrong.

Belfast City EGAC has a 04 but had a look and it doesn't fit :mrhappy:

It's prbably not Ireland, I had a quick look at Ryanair's routes, could be a way to go?

Cheers

Don't think it can be Shannon Simi, the rway is wrong.

not according to this i know the rway is closed, but its still there...

will take another guess!

EDIT: Sticking with RyanAir, but taking a second guess as it being here - Pescara, Italy (LIBP)

There are no hills like that near Midway.
indeed ther are not, plus a certain Irish airline in their 737-800's doesnt fly there...

Obviously my joke is lost.... :bored:

My proper guess was on the previous page, LEVT, Vitoria - Foronda (VIT / LEVT)

Sorry, Fred,

:poster_oops:

Obviously my joke is lost....

...too subtle for me.

John

John,

It's called doing a (Martyn) "Northall approach" you set off for Midway and land at O'Hare, it's Fred's sledgehammer wit thsmiles73.gif

Cheers