Screen shot question

Have been admiring all the screenshots recently, but I can't seem to take one myself. My old XP comp. had a built in clipboard, W7 doesn't have one. Have tried copy and paste and that doesn't work either. Just how do you take them, and ultimately post them?

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil

Hit the V key in the sim and that will save the image in your documents / P3D folder.

Then upload them to an image host, get a url link from there and paste that link into your post and it should show.

I am sure there is a post about it in the forums?

Cheers,

Joe 

It's probably the longer way to go but I have always used my Snipping Tool. I fly in windows mode so by using this I can clip the image to size and save as a jpeg which I save to my desktop. From there it is easy to copy them to an image site. I think I started doing this way so I didn't have to change the V key capture which is a .bmp to a jpg before saving to an image site I think that has changed over time though.

In Win 7 it is found in your Accessories folder and I then put in in my taskbar tray for easy access. In the options section of the snipping tool you can also make it save to your clipboard too .

• 3 weeks later...

I use a simple tool called 'Greenshot', it's freeware and you can take a look in the settings to see how you want it setup. Really easy to change things, but I like the capture region function with an auto save to a folder. This saves the need to crop and save in paint etc. 

In terms of uploading and sharing - I store all my images/screens on a GitHub respository. Once again it's free and supposed to be used as code storage/versioning for developers, but I find it good for image uploading :)

Here is an example (click for full size)...

Widescreen_london_11122018.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by UKJim