Hello! ...... I need some technical advice from anyone on this Forum who knows (or who has experience of) percentage hard disk space to leave free.

At present I have a 150 giga harddisk operating under WindowsXP running FSX only. This unsurprisingly is getting full, but at present FSX runs correctly ... I would like to add some further scenery packages, but do not wish to replace the hard disk!

So ... having 148.3go usable, I have at present 123go reported as USED, leaving 25.3go FREE ... I would like to install the two latest ORBX enhanced scenery packages for USA-CANADA (the first is already installed), these would together take up around another 8.5go!!

Can anyone on the Forum tell me if I can still expect to run FSX correctly on a hard disk with only 16.8go FREE out of 148.3go?

Thanks for any help ......

David

Hi David

I would have thought that 16.8Gb would be enough left in order for FSX to run. Do you have a lot of scenery titles other than ORBX? If so, you could buy a relatively cheap hard drive and install along side your existing disk and move some of the scenery over to the new disk.

You could also try using a program ccleaner it's a very good freeware program that you can use to get rid of old temporary files you don't need any more.

Cheers

Joe

Thanks Joe for that info.

I did not know you could do that with addon scenery.

I was running fs9 + FSX + lots of addons on my 250Gb C drive which was getting full up. So I had a new 500Gb HD installed and moved all my FSX + it's addons on to it. it's worked out just fine now, but I like the idea of getting another HD to move all my JF scenery and JF Airports for fs9 onto it and leave fs9 + all my addon a/c on my C drive to free up more space if possible.

Thanks Joe for that info.

I did not know you could do that with addon scenery.

I was running fs9 + FSX + lots of addons on my 250Gb C drive which was getting full up. So I had a new 500Gb HD installed and moved all my FSX + it's addons on to it. it's worked out just fine now, but I like the idea of getting another HD to move all my JF scenery and JF Airports for fs9 onto it and leave fs9 + all my addon a/c on my C drive to free up more space if possible.

Hi Mike,I run all my Generation X and Earth Simulations scenery from my second drive. I am not sure you can run ORBX from a different drive but I also have a load of Aerosoft and JF scenery on my second drive too, You cannot do the same with aircraft, they have to be in the default directory where you have FSX installed.

Cheers,

Joe