I have just picked up some info on a small group of people trying to make a free/shareware scenery covering the whole of Sweden (finally).

The work so far looks stunning, almost up to FTX/ORBX standards by the looks of it.

Unfortunatly all info I've found so far is written in swedish, but to sum it up it will be a landclass/texture based scenery with custom made airports. The first release will cover the regions of Skåne and Halland in the south of sweden and should be released in a not to far future.

You can find a whole bunch of screenshots and videos here.

Hi Micke,

That does look very good and seasons too!

Google Chrome will detect the Sedish language and translate into English.

Thanks for sharing!

Wow.. and it comes out as understandable english too? That's impressive.

As for seasons, doing a scenery of sweden without seasons would be like making a curry without spices. Bland and uninteresting :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

A new teaser video of screenshots was published the other day.

Looks real good. The developers estimate that they are about 90% done with the first region, but progress will be slow over the summer. For some strange reason they want to be outside to enjoy the sun rather than sit in front of a computer screen developing freeware scenery :icon_yikes:

• 4 months later...

Time to revive this thread again.

As of yesterday the last part (Malmö-Sturp airport ESMS) of the first release of this scenery-project went out to the Beta-team.

Screenshots from the Beta release of the airport can be found here.

Hopefully they can get this thing out before christmas, and I will dig into a review as soon as I can find the time for it.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunatly there's been som delays to this scenery.

After the main developers computer chrashed just before christmas the development went into a bit of a stand-still, but they are now on track again.

However they have decided to add custom coastlines instead of using those supplied with UTX Europe, and this in turn meant that they had to remodel, resize and reposition all ports and small harbors. Judging by the last status report they have finished about 2/3 of the needed coastlines so release shouldn't be to far of.

• 1 month later...

Once again it's time to blow some life into this topic.

The first region was sent to final beta last night. Estimated time for the beta process is about a week, and then it will hopefully be ready for release...

Lennart who is one of the three man team is a genious and legend up here. He made some amazing scenery for FS2004. All of us up here can't wait to get our hands on Lennart's FSX version of Sweden. There is some great freeware for Norway and Finland as well. If you'd like links I can provide them.

Ah, so there are others from the northern parts of europe hanging around here. I almost thought I was the only one ;)

I live just off Arlanda (most smaller jets departing on runway 01R/01L on the ARS/TRS/DKR/NOSLI SIDs pass straight over our house aiming for the SA850 waypoint), are you anywhere close to me or elsewhere?

I'm afraid I've missed Lennarts previous work since I don't own a copy of FS2004, but the preview shots of this project looks really brilliant.

I've exchanged a few messages with Lennart over on flightsim.se, and promised I'd write up a review once they release their work.

I'll gladly take any links to good FSX scenery of scandinavia as I'm sadly lacking alot in these parts of the world..

• 2 weeks later...

The long awaited, atleast by me, first part of this scenery was finaly released over the weekend.

I've downloaded it, but havn't had time to install it yet.. will need to finish up the MEBAR flights first.

If anyone else is interested it can be found here.

There's some info and installation instructions in english too for those unfortunate ones that don't understand swedish ;)

You're welcome Charlie.. read the installation instructions carefully though, no simple automated installer included...

and if you're running ORBX scenery I do recommend setting the FTX central to default FSX before starting...

• 1 month later...