Guess The Airport 2011...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John, there is addon scenery visible, FSX is showing but I checked the airport was in the FS9 database too. This airfield plate is not in our download section. The runway designation is correct perhaps you have have to look higher up?

What I meant is an AFCAD, perhaps adding taxiways where there are none in the stock FSX version of the airport? I've got airports in that country with that runway, but none seem to have that connecting taxiway coming from that side.

John

I've apparently completely misread the SNP clue and am in the wrong country. I thought sure it was in Brian's neighborhood, but can't find a match with the taxiway configurations in either photo. Maybe it's the Saskatchewan National Party.

John

Sorry Brian, no, but right continent :winka:

John, you were on the right course, don't be too hung up about the country of the SNP, more the leaders name? (Sound alike)

Was the FS9 shot any help?

Bonus point to Dai about the singer! :thumbsup:

Good going, Brian. I was on the scent, but got hung up on Alaska, also a verse in that song. It couldn't be Delaware - the runway length/elevation clue ruled that out - it had to be on high ground.

I though Ida was the 'ho, but I guess if Della wasn't wearing anything, she may have been too.

John

Wow, that's deep John! Sorry about the misleading first shot.

Other details

ICAO KSMN, KSalMoN nearest city Salmon Idaho, SNP leader soundalike Alex Salmond

Elevation 4043

Rway 5147 feet

Idaho wasn't in that song so Dela never got to visit (Geddit?...No...Ed!)

Can't wait to see Brian's offering. Having spent so much time familiarizing with Scottish airports with a paved runway 17/35, I consider myself practically a native. Of course he'll probably pick one in Swaziland, just to be difficult.

John

Well, a Counterfeit Sycamore could be a false sycamore and there's a kind of sycamore, the Scottish Maple, that is thought to be sycamore but isn't (the acer pseudoplatanus). Then, the only bights I could find were big things, but the only two that fit the tree clue were off the coast of England and Germany. So, it has to be around there somewhere. Eday seemed to fit the angle in the picture and, one runway is grass, the other asphalt. Also, I just looked at Eday on Google Earth, and it looks remarkably like the screenshot.

Impressive - I looked at GE and that pretty much has to be it - it's a perfect match. Though FS9 and FSX don't have that circular feature at the runway/taxiway juncture, it appears that the RW does.

John