Guess The Airport 2011...

You won't find lat-lon readings that are equal anywhere near the Amazon. The four lines start out at 45 degrees from the cardinal compass points, i.e NW, NE, SE and SW, but trend toward north or south as they all ultimately reach 90N or 90S. Latitudes near the Amazon will be near zero but longitudes will be larger numbers, so not equal.

John

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USDD it is. It's very surprising when following those lines how few airports lie on or even near them. This one is almost on Russia's north coast so you had to follow the line a fair distance to find it. You're right - Joe was on the scent.

Nice work, sir - you did well, and win the right to confound and confuse us. Don't make it TOO easy.

John

Thank you, sir. I shall certainly try. :D

2011-7-24_15-30-31-890.jpg

1) This airport serves and shares its name with a famous historical site.

2) Fingerprints of the Gods

Edit: I changed the 'word' monument to historical site. Should make it easier. And here's another clue: the aforementioned historical site is a UNESCO world heritage site.

(The helicopter is not a clue)

That's it - Chichen Itza Airport. Serving the famous UNESCO world heritage site and featured in the Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. Sadly, FSX doesn't have the temple. :001_th_smiles48:

Over to you, Dai.

I've spent hours on this and haven't come up with anything even worthy of presenting as a wild guess.

I presume that's a buzz job and that 747 is not really trying to land there.

John

And Dai, I don't think you should be watching videos like that!

Aah - my only vice - music! Hope I'm not HD&Q'd for it! :whis:

And sorry that the clues are a little cryptic... Here are some more:

1. I spotted this field when I was searching for John's recent subject;

2. The airport is served by RAM, but they have B737's - the B744 was, indeed, on a 'fly-by';

3. There's a relatively famous mountain, to the east, named for a famous French geographer;

4. Another musical clue

- sorry, you can ask "What?" but not "Why?!?"

Enjoy... :thum:

Une bonne santé - Dai. :cool:

YMCA. Great clue: just like the 'friend' in 'speak, friend, and enter' from Lord of the Rings. :001_th_smiles89: And I quite like it, yes (the music, mind, just the music). During the credits for Down Periscope they did an updated version of 'In the Navy' that's just brilliant. :dance2:

2011-8-6_8-35-1-984.jpg

Fairly easy one, this.

1) The aircraft is a clue.

2) The airport in the picture is located 43 miles away from a very famous, or infamous, racing circuit (think of the Pagani Zonda R).