• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Looks Military to me, and looking at it I would say that it is an exhaust we can see rather than an intake.  Jet? It seems to be a wing root twin engine with no tail exhaust , so not that modern. 

I agree that it's an exhaust - rusty intakes are seldom seen - or maybe it's heat-discolored stainless steel. In either case, it's an exhaust. The non-symmetrical nature also suggests a turboprop, not a jet. I'm not adding anything new here, just agreeing with what's already been said by others. Not a clue on this one, though the colors suggest military - or maybe an old NW Airlines or US Air livery.

John

True John, but what looks like a little square window is very reminiscent of the WSO's window on the Tu-22M.  The angles are slightly wrong for possible engine intakes on the 22M, but as I said, it was a red herring.

I could be all wet, but I'm still hanging my hat on the color being wrong for an intake. That appears to be rusted steel or heat-

affected stainless steel, neither of which would be likely in an intake duct. Still, if it's Russian, it could be made of most anything.

John