Thats why I did it that way, any other detail would have given it away. But I thought that intake would be an easy detail to pick up.

Actually it was that that threw me. Most Vigilantes have a straight clean intake - for example the A5.

vigilantibig2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Thats why I did it that way, any other detail would have given it away. But I thought that intake would be an easy detail to pick up.

Actually it was that that threw me. Most Vigilantes have a straight clean intake - for example the A5.

vigilantibig2.jpg

The green one has the same shaped intake, however I think it's the angle it's taken from and the colouring make it look different.

@ Alan.  I have been doing some research on the Vigilantes. There were a significant differences between marks.  For example the A5A didn't have the curved top fuselage that the A5B had, so that sets me wondering about other things.  Search as I might I can find very little on the differences between variants except here: http://www.airvectors.net/ava5.html .

I definitely cant find anything about a reason for why the intakes should be different.  It is still one of the best looking aircraft to come out of the USA.

• Like 1

@ Alan.  I have been doing some research on the Vigilantes. There were a significant differences between marks.  For example the A5A didn't have the curved top fuselage that the A5B had, so that sets me wondering about other things.  Search as I might I can find very little on the differences between variants except here: http://www.airvectors.net/ava5.html .

I definitely cant find anything about a reason for why the intakes should be different.  It is still one of the best looking aircraft to come out of the USA.

I agree, It was a superb looking aircraft, I'm building one at the moment, but not in it's normal colours. This one will be a "What-if". I'll post some pics when she's finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...