is this for real!?!?!?

Hi All,

just wanted somebody's impression of this card... surely at £69+delivery one would think it a bargain....but there has to be a catch somewhere... its a brand new revision of the ATI range, isnt it??........ I'd expect to have seen it at £100+...

click here to see the product!

whatever the reason, i just bought one!! thanks Martyn, thought it was a good card... i just hope my PSU stands up to the task!!........... it'll be running DX9c however, but this shouldnt be an issue... right?

I DO have a heck of lot of knowledge on this card, apart from the fact you could've bought cheaper from OCUK - this card performs better than the Nvidia Equivalent in DX10 but just like Nvidia card is only as powerful as a 7600GT or 7900GS in DX9 - on the otherhand it is very good at Video Decoding..

I had researched these for months, I would've bought the XT version but instead I went for a 8600GT. :dance:

(EDIT) - I forgot to mention it will perform pretty well in games such as FS9, BF2, BF2142 & The Sims 2. :rockon:

I DO have a heck of lot of knowledge on this card, apart from the fact you could've bought cheaper from OCUK - this card performs better than the Nvidia Equivalent in DX10 but just like Nvidia card is only as powerful as a 7600GT or 7900GS in DX9 - on the otherhand it is very good at Video Decoding..

I had researched these for months, I would've bought the XT version but instead I went for a 8600GT. :dance:

(EDIT) - I forgot to mention it will perform pretty well in games such as FS9, BF2, BF2142 & The Sims 2. :rockon:

Theo, you're a wealth of knowledge!! I've been told that the company is now out of stock and i'm awaiting delivery, so i may cancel and order from OCUK after all!!

thanks for the HU!

thanks Theo.. only issue is its PCI-E... my poor old PC here is running AGP 8X, hence the requirement for a better card than my 9600PRO but on AGP... also, on Toms Hardware Guide UK, the VGA charts for 2006 show all ATI crads to be worse in performance/quality terms than any of the nVidia offerings for high quality 3D heavy games such as FS9.