JAD - Jims Air Distributions

Nicely done m8y, those shockwave lights really the finishing touch don't they :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Yeah but for sum reason on this plane wen I pan the camera it sometimes makes the beam disappear, I've tried re-jigging the coordinates but helped a little! Doesn't matter tho!

Cheers

Jim

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody has done a great job today in the 182 and I have been completing so many jobs today too in the C208B - Weather was great; bit windy but nothing too wild.

I have had a great Sunday flying pretty much all day - how I struggled before the C208B purchase to get up to the 1million mark now it seems a bit of a doddle :)

Present status ...

Curent Cash: £616,086.10

Current Rep: 84.95%

The question I am thinking now is should I save and get a second C208B or should I continue with the 182 for Cody? The insurance is quite expensive and I also like the small company feel I currently have. I definitely have to increase the job loads in the AH settings so I think that is my next step.

I would say get another C208, you have to put something in! to get anything out in this game ;) .

I'm planning on getting another 310R as I saw a used one is going cheap, it will need a bit of fixing up though! but it should pay for itself withing a couple of week's :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Cody and I have been working hard in the Darrington region delivering a variety of cargo to Concrete, Arlington and Monroe - After checking the cash book I found we had saved enough to get rid of the old 182 and buy a second Cargomaster. Yes it has a big insurance premium but I think one or two big jobs it will pay for itself.

So behind Cody's back I went out and bought a brand new Cargomaster; had it painted in true JAD colours and was ready to present it at Darrington. So at the beginning of Cody's shift today at 07:30am dawn he came out the mess and found his new lady :)

2012-2-17_15-59-25-25.jpg

Today there was yet another promotion in the double team - me this time becoming a 'Training Captain' - Performed a few more hours of work from Darrington to Concrete and also some jobs to Harvey field too. Very windy today the finals were a very scary scene in the van; approching the runway at some very awkward angle's. Still all cargo got to it's destinations safely with zero damage.

Cody has been doing well in his new van - no crashes yet and no bulked landings. He will be soon on the way to becoming a Training Captain with all the overtime he has spent hauling; I will be making my decision very soon but no doubt he will want yet another pay rise. Will the company be able to afford such demands? He is very reliable and experienced - something you just cannot measure these days. With his 100% rating how can the company lose such a dedicated team member. I am sure we will work something out with negotiations.

As it stands at the moment I have no regrets over the purchase of the 2nd van - yet another work horse that can haul large copacity of cargo types. Very satisfied!

Current Rep: 87.70%

Current Cash: £672,826.10

Net Worth: £1,944,549.00

Nice update Jim - business is booming it seems. I do like the vans, hopefully I'll be buying out the lease on the first one soon.

Keep up the good work at JAD - the competition's increasing - watch out for the Circus guy and a new Birdman - think they're sniffing around for new bases :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jims Air Distributions Ltd has released a press statement:

No Fowl Play At JAD!

After a full investigation and probing into all areas of the JAD infrastructure I can confirm there has been no evidence of poaching, stealing or backstabbing going on. The hired help have been expensive and I am guessing it has paid off - they have all been loyal and worked their high viz vests off to keep this company running smoothly. I have heard about the goings on around the Darrington base regarding SAD, MAD and Circus unfortunately we do not want to be painted with the same brush.

I believe being based further away from the main parking apron and being able to store the planes in a barn in a field at the end of runway 28 has kept JAD from being sabotaged in any way. Hopefully it will stay like that and we will not receive any word that an attempt to corrupt our staff has been made.

I have been unable to take to the air lately as I have been pricing up our next purchase and shopping around for the next plane to add to the JAD barn/hangar. This has forced me to hire an extra pair of hands - her name 'Harriet Clifton'. She is a training captain with 100% reputation. I hear she came from Hauling her ass in London City for a company that has provided a well documented CV. They have pointed out she has been flying a variety of cargo but mainly high priced sushi from Japan in a Learjet to the UK.

This got me worried at first that made me ask the following question 'Why are you here? Why a small company JAD? She replied with 'I am fed up with working with the corporate bungles and wish to settle down in a small local business - she also explained that Concrete was her home town and she had moved to the UK looking for work. Currently renting an appartment by the health centre helipad - I am please to announce she will be on the books for at least this month maybe the next.

Breaking News!

Due to some additional funding JAD has a new toy to play with. It is not officially on the Air Hauler books as it will not be used for hauling but instead a luxury AC for business meetings and weather checking around the Darrington area.

Meet the fair lady EC135...

121808854-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while - I have been taking a break from hauling and I also gve my two hired help a week off each too. So not much progress in the JAD camp.

Back t the grind stone now and I have set them out in the two buses and I will be concentrating on getting new business in the helicopter and I have been test flying some bigger planes too - I doubt I will buy any of these in the near future as I do not want to move base just yet. Unfortunately Darrington's runway is not long enough for most AC bigger then the Cargomaster.

I have been looking to opening a second base at Arlington and maybe saving to buy a much larger plane - like a 737 ;) We can all dream hehe

So the workers are working and the bosses are looking for new business - all is as it should be.

Current cash: £1,915,275

Current net: £3,186,908

Current Rep: 87%

Welcome back Jim - have you finally got all that "tube" nonsense out of your system :D

Must admit I'd like a bigger base to maybe utilise my DC-2 or DC-3 - maybe go Ice Pilots style :)

Nice to see JAD still doing well :thum:

Just a quick update - I've been test flying some aircraft to expand the business!

I found a cut down B17 used for haulage bit the old bird was not to my liking! I tried a nice dc-3 that was a pleasure to fly!

I still think I might start looking at something much bigger - checking out the 737-600 converted for cargo! Big cost would mean a lease would be on the cards!

Keep tuned and ill keep u posted!

Ok I am trying something that could cost JAD big time! I've opened a new base at Arlington Muni!

Not only that, I took out a £1.5M loan and am now leasing a 737-600!!!

The loan shud be paid off by Wednesday as I have 3 pilots working day and night! Then its a saving game - £25M until I own the tube :)

No regrets let's see how it goes!

Darrington is still open and I still have 2 Cargomaster's!

Thanks for reading!

Update: Epic Fail

FSX crashed on me during a flight and wen I opened AH again it put my plane in Birmingham UK! My bases are in the US so not gud!

I reverted to a backup but lost the 737 and a bunch of money too!

Don't think I'm buying the 737 again tho this time around!

So still undecided!

The latest in the JAD fleet is a second hand DC6B shown below!! It is currently my new favourite plane - fly's extremely well even though it does guzzle the fuel :) The largest cargo I have hauled in it was 35,000lbs - full cost £10M+ but I am leasing it at the moment which is costing me just under £400k per month. I have also opened up KAWO - Arlington Muni as a second base might even make this my main base and move from Darrington as there has been plenty of competition lately.

This plane can do around 230-250 knots so I have increased my range to 100nm and in return brings a lot more business and some big buck contracts ;) I did 3 or 4 jobs in this today and almost every landing was a greaser - I love this plane.

Currenty it is being worked on the paint shop soon it will be all chrome with the traditional JAD stripes and headers

HAPPY DAYS!!

122281431-4.jpg