JAD - Jims Air Distributions

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest news: Cody has been flying some jobs in the Cargomaster no issues there all going well!

The DC6 has been stripped and ready for repaint, should not be too long until this is complete!

As the head of JAD ltd I will be on a training course next week so no flying for me! As soon as I am back I will confirm the DC6 paint job and hopefully take her out for another flight or two!

All in all JAD is doing extremely well at the moment!

Thanks for reading

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I get back from my business trip to London and although Cody and Harriet completed all contracts set successfully - damage to the planes had occurred!

So it looks like Cody needs a practice in the DC6 and Harriet has never been too good at landings anyway!

With a total of £500k+ in contracts earned - about £200k of that was cost in repairs.

I might get to fly tonight if im not too tired from the BAU work I've performed today! Show these kids how to fly :)

Considering selling the darrington base and the Cargomaster (or keep it but set to inactive for now)

I want to see what kind of jobs come when I only have the dc6 and Arlington as my base.

All gud in JAD at the moment making profits!

Thanks for reading

Jim

Latest Update!

Base Change:

Having grown out of Darrington the CEO if Jim's Air Distributions Ltd has announced today that they will be permanently moving over the way to Arlington Muni (KAWO) - Having two bases was an additional cost that was not necessary any more now that they have bigger and better planes, and a set of regular clients producing fine contracts that pay more.

Cargomaster For Sale:

With the DC6 now being the main work horse for the company they have also announced that their trusty Cargomaster is now up for sale - they have a buyer visiting the site soon to confirm the agreed asking price. They hope the deal will be successful and given that the Cargomaster is relatively new it should not be hiding any suprises for the buyer.

Harriet Clifton leaving for the big apple:

Harriet has handed in her (expected) notice to the company as she had always planned to only be a short fix for the additional work of JAD. The CEO has confirmed that it was by terms of her contract that the time is up and she is ready to go; "She is leaving us on mutual lerms to persue her next ambition to become a helicopter pilot within New York city; hopefully with the opportunity to move to Australia for some contract work, we wish her luck"

So all is growing in Jims Air Distributions - Cody is still performing night shifts while Jim (CEO) is performing day flights - The DC6 is flying well and the repaint is in progress; she is a big bird so it could take some time. Currently she is shining chrome and ruling the contract haulage skies!

Thanks for reading :)

Jim (CEO) Taking the DC6 out for collection of contracts

From cabbages to expensive artwork were part of a good mix of cargo today - with over £1 million worth of contracts today it was a great opportunity for Jim to get behind the controls again and make a few flights. All went successfully and no damage to the DC6.

Jim vistied some new airports too which turned out to be nice - he has reported the following quote...

"Today I had clear skies for all the ride and really enjoyed taking out the newly painted DC6. In all it's glory in JAD livery cruising the skies; no new issues with handling - Cody has been looking after this girl very well I must promote him some time. I did get to take some unusual cargo to some new airports that I have never been to before; The new customers were very welcoming and found space for the DC6 - they even offered me tea and biscuits. All in all I am happy with the flights and very satisfied in where Jims Air Distributions is going"

After some further questioning about 'the future' all I could get out of the CEO was that at the moment it is staying a two-man team with KAWO being the foundations of all operations. The newxt few weeks should have a finish to the DC6 paint job and hopefully a saving of money in the bank. There are no knew plans for any additional hired help and extra aircraft at the present time.

Current financial situation of Jims Air Distributions Ltd:

Current Cash: £6,219,897.00

Net Worth: £6,269,897.00

So it looks like Cody needs a practice in the DC6 and Harriet has never been too good at landings anyway!

With a total of £500k+ in contracts earned - about £200k of that was cost in repairs.

Ha! one off my lot had a prang this morning, causing 49% damage to a PC-12, even useing the insurance it cost nearly nine grand to fix :whis:

I pay cash if I got it rather than claiming but yeah if it was really bad then I'd use insurance.

Cody is usually good - he has earned me about 2million since so he is excused :)

Cody has been flying the day shifts lately as the CEO of JAD has been investigating rail haulage (been playing around with railworks 3)

Cody had a bad landing in Seattle causing critical damage - cost of repairs around 300k but all is gud as he is a serious workaholic and earned JAD around 2 million in the past week or so!

The CEO is thinking of purchasing a second DC6 - no final announcement has been made confirming this though!

Happy days!

Announcement!!

JAD has expanded once again; this time purchasing a brand new DC6 - this will go along side the previous DC6 that is currently being leased until more funds are in the bank to purchase. The second DC6 has meant plenty of action coming from the base at Arlington Muni.

There has been rumours at Arlington that JAD will be moving but I can confirm as CEO that Arlington is like home to us and we are not planning on leaving any time soon. We like the business that we receive at Arlington and the local airports that we deliver to make us feel welcome.

Still only myself and Cody flying for JAD - no talks have been made to any further pilots at this stage. Due to flying time restrictions and family taking a higher priority to the greed of the company; the contracts we can accepts only cast out to 70nm; this has limited the number of contracts being offered to us and therefore taking on a third pilot would be overkill. There has been discussions to hire a third pilot for night shifts while I am not using the second plane but nothing has been set in concrete.

Current situation:

Current Cash: £2,422,792.00

Net Worth: £7,872, 005.00

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news:

Rumour has it that the CEO has been shopping for an ex-RAF Globemaster C17! They come at price so a long term lease wud be needed.

The deposit is steep so a few sales of the DC6 birds would be needed too!

Cody has not let on by stating 'no comment' at the gates. The CEO statement was short and sweet 'maybe?'

All we do know is a base move would be required due to landing restrictions; JAD has big contacts at KPAE Everett so this could be the likely base of a move.

As nothing has been confirmed we can only guess the outcome of this. All our ideas of a third pilot was way out - how the media can be so wrong!

Everett only about 16 nm away so maybe your rep won't take to big a hit. That is only if the rumours are true of course :whis: I'm sure the flatlanders in Arlington will miss you though. :)

This is one bad**s looking hauler, might even be able to fit the DC6 in it. ^_^I thought filling up the dh2 tanks was expensive, talk about gas pump shock after a fill up in this baby.

General characteristics

Performance

Spec's from Wikipedia

I've been having a few test flights in this plane and I have to say I like it!

Still not sure whether to take it to AH as its a big risk being £119million to buy!

Deposit is 15million and monthly payments 6.6million - so some hard thinkin going to be needed!

Yep, those military planes are way overpriced. They have to make all that kickback money back somewhere. :huh:

If you have to think about, don't do it. Your just taking the time to justify the purchase in your own mind. :wacko2:

Huge Update:

The rumours were true - the CEO released a statement and imagery today confirming the leasing of the C-17 Globemaster. He accepts it guzzles the fuel but joked it off by saying 'have you seen the ass on that big girl'

Of course there was some risk involved; all the DC6 aircraft had to be sold for the down payment - a base move was also needed due to the runway requirements. The new base at KPAE Everett has been a smooth move as many contracts with the DC6's have gone there. The people at Arlington wished us well and understood the business requirements to expand as there are many other contract businesses in the area with smaller planes. This was a move to branch out from the rest and shift more cargo further.

At a cruise speed of 450knots and a standard cargo capacity of 50,000lbs plus - this plane will hopefully take JAD to a higher level. Pilot/CEO Jim has already completed 4 jobs in this bird and earned over £6 million in approximately 45mins worth of flying time. Performing 1 greaser the rest OK Jim was please with the handling characteristics of the plane. With little experience with jet powered planes this plane was a comfortable transition.

Some imagery from the CEO shows the plane in all its glory - prime painted white ready for the traditional JAD livery to be painted on.

123123168-4.jpg

123123169-4.jpg

Thanks for reading

Great news. :cool: Hope you enjoy your new home Jim. Thats some big bucks for a couple of loads, I'm still shlepp'in around loads for 20,000. a piece.

joked it off by saying 'have you seen the ass on that big girl'

Maybe we should give the girl a little respect,

c17ch.jpg

I have increased the job distance slightly and trying to get a few more longer distance too now as this plane is faster etc. The best was a contract between KBFI and KSEA - 5nm!!!!

LMAO