JAD - Jims Air Distributions

Good work Jim - I'm pleased JAD is performing well. Hope there's still room for some friendly competition in the Darrington area.

I was hoping to invest in my Caravan Cargomaster but at over £1m it ain't gonna be any time soon.

Good luck with the second base.

Yeah plenty of work coming out of darrington - I was also eyeing up the caravan but the price is mental! 200k for another 182rg seems miles away!

The weather today was poor lots of cloud, kept below 1500ft as I was flying VFR and needed to stay below the layer of cloud!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather today was poor lots of cloud, kept below 1500ft as I was flying VFR and needed to stay below the layer of cloud!

That's a challenge in itself flying out of Darrington - 1500 ft :yikes: :yikes:

Unless it's been changed in an update you can stack up an awful lot of jobs to an AI pilot.

Just make sure he's got enough time to complete them all and remember that an AI pilot always fills his tanks up to 100% before loading any cargo, and never exceeds his MTOW.

(null)

I got promoted today 'fATPL' not sure what that stands for but still all good I suppose :) Performed a few more jobs too; I have been completing 2 jobs in one flight by calculating the total weight onboard and splitting it between the two chosen jobs - so I can load two jobs at same time for one flight. This has proved to be a great way to get rep and cash on short flights.

Current Cash £66,830

Current Rep 46

Some more jobs completed today that meant me being promoted to '2nd Officer' - saving is going well and now I am capable of hiring and firing too but noone is interested in my company just yet. I have done some more short jobs between Darrington and Concrete; at one point I completed 3 jobs in one flight from Darrington to Concrete. Total earning of that trip 10k :)

Current Cash: £178,611

Current Rep: 56.25%

Real question is - now if I sell my trusty old girl 182RG II I would have enough for a Centurion - should I do this? Or should I continue saving and buy a second 182? I think I am going towards the second plane so I can get the AI doing some jobs for me too.

All in all some bad conditions today but we made it every time - many Greasers and all the cargo got there in one piece. I had some fragile easter eggs to deliver and they all made it too :)

JAD really is booming Jim - good job on getting the hired help, hope it works out for you moving into the management side :D

I wish I had more time to get some flights in and generate a bit more cash.

Keep up the good work mate :thumbup:

OK the hired help pulled it off - completed all jobs just fine and no damage to the aircraft :) I have assigned some more jobs tonight and insured my plane too (just in case)

I have set some jobs from my second base tonight Firstair - landing fees are a bit high but there were no jobs in the list at Darrington so we moved over. I am going to save up to get the Cargomaster I think rather than leasing or loaning etc etc. All in good time I say ;)

Current Cash: £269,510.67

Current Rep: 60.85%

EDIT: Oh my god I have just realised after the night shift and my few flights my cash went up around 100k - Good Times

OK so JAD is doing great - the hired help is really great only failed two jobs and I think that was my fault for scheduling them too soon to the expiry date/time. So I am currently saving for this sweet ride ...

2012-2-4_0-4-39-359.jpg

2012-2-4_0-5-3-307.jpg

2012-2-4_0-15-12-858.jpg

The dealership flew it straight to Darrington to show me what it could do and I was impressed. It may be expensive weighing in at £1,269,133.00 but this thing can move big loads and its rather fast too :) I had a test flight to see how it handled; take-off great, flying just as fun, but landing was tricky.

So back to the progress update... after some heavy flying for me tonight and some jobs completed on the night shift with Cody Reed the grand totals are...

Current Cash: £417,957.60

Current Rep: 66.65%

I also got promoted to 1st Officer - an extra stripe on my shoulder I believe ;)

I sold the Firstair base and I will be concentrating on Darrington full time for now. I completed some of the left over jobs that was around Firstair today but did not earn as much as I would have liked due to expensive landing fees.

The old 182 started to show its age unfortunately and had to have some maintainance carried out on it - 15% damage probably down to Cody pushing too hard through the night shift.

Current Cash: £541,909.30

Current Rep: 72.05%

Here is a shot of todays weather and the brilliant views I had, no baseball today as it was a bit cold ;)

2012-2-4_11-8-0-833.jpg

Well I wanted to utilise the hired help a bit more but with one plane it makes it hard to both fly at the same time. So I have bought yet another 182RG; this has caused a big dent to the savings for the caravan but overall I think it will be quicker now to save.

I also used some money to pay for the next level of the repaint to the 182...

2012-2-6_12-15-2-439.jpg

I plan on performing some flights tonight so an update will be on the cards I think.

Thanks for reading

Jim

A couple of nice updates there Jim. Nice to see business is booming. I think the second182 purchase is probably the sensible route but I must admit I'm still tempted by the Cargomaster - it's just so expensive to purchase. Leasing still remains an option but it puts a lot of pressure on to make over £70K per month to make a profit.

There was quite a bit of nice weather flying PNW at the weekend, hope it continues I was getting quite depressing flying in grey clouds all the time :D

Good luck :thum:

Yeah very smart purchase getting the 2nd - I've just racked up his jobs and done some myself too already I have almost got my money back!

Yes the weather has been brilliant over past few days, it was pleasant just too when I was flying! I've nailed the runway 28 approach too coming from concrete :) Flight times around 10mins!

Now I have a second plane saving should be easier and the cargomaster will be mine soon!

How is your company doing Sabre? Still at darrington?

So as expected I have managed to complete many jobs tonight, Cody is still working and going to continue through the night. Great decision on the 2nd plane; managed to pay the second plane off now and I am pretty much back to where I started.

As I have completed many jobs I also got promoted to 'Captain' today too - GOOD TIMES!!!

I have posted tonights work in the screenshots forum.

Current Cash: £580,568.30

Current Rep: 80.15%

So another good few jobs done today - spread my wings a bit and went to Arlington and also Seatle too

I then setup Cody for the night shift and had a practice flight in the Cargomaster - landing at KPAE Snohomish County Airport, not perfect but not a disaster either.

Current Cash: £691,769.60

Current Rep: 82.85%

Ok so down to some confusion with accepting jobs to a helipad I cancelled them before realising the hired help can land a 182rg onto a helipad! This means my reputation has dropped considerably!

I had a night off flying last night and got an extra pair of hands to help cody through the night shift!

Been practicing my touch and goes at Arlington with a friends Cargomaster - getting better by the flight! Looking forward to buying my own now :) I'm predicting the upgrade either this weekend or early next week!

Current cash: £805,557

Current rep: 71%

Had a few repair costs as Cody and the other hired help keep making mistakes! I have insurance but have been paying cash to save the insurance for an emergency. Keep them premiums down!

OK so it has been a while since my last update - I managed to over work the two contractors that I hired and save past the million pound mark. I performed some jobs myself and got it up to enough to buy the Cargomaster :)

I did sell one of my 182RG's to bunk up the money a little but its all good as I only need 2 planes. I was a little bit worried about my landings in the Cargomaster as it is very different to the 182; so I bought some hefty insurance on this AC. I do not think I will be letting Cody use this plane for his night shift - he gets the old lady 182 ;)

So instantly a big contract came in - Televisions £23,104.00 going from my base Darrington to Arlington a nice 23nm stretch. This will help me get used to the custom autopilot I had installed and get a feel for what she can do.

This is how the story went...

Custom paint job almost complete - missing a few bits but we needed this contract

2012-2-11_22-17-18-811.jpg

OK we are fully loaded and ready to roll

2012-2-11_22-18-28-769.jpg

Quick view of the active cockpit and the custom autopilot guages - repositioned radio selector too for ease of use :)

2012-2-11_22-22-7-822.jpg

Taxiing to the runway

2012-2-11_22-23-12-785.jpg

Lining up for takeoff

2012-2-11_22-24-43-327.jpg

Up Up and Away!

2012-2-11_22-26-13-669.jpg

Scenic shot

2012-2-11_22-26-27-931.jpg

Cargo on board - boxed televisions very expensive lets not mess this one up :)

2012-2-11_22-27-11-444.jpg

Few more plane shots

2012-2-11_22-27-30-126.jpg

2012-2-11_22-30-20-270.jpg

2012-2-11_22-31-54-196.jpg

Arlington here we come approx 10nm out on base

2012-2-11_22-32-21-697.jpg

2012-2-11_22-33-15-275.jpg

Turning to final

2012-2-11_22-35-18-446.jpg

Getting closer a bit low so I kept her level

2012-2-11_22-37-11-929.jpg

2012-2-11_22-39-20-790.jpg

Keeping the glide path down

2012-2-11_22-40-54-544.jpg

From the tower

2012-2-11_22-41-10-83.jpg

Landing and to my suprise a GREASER!!

2012-2-11_22-42-8-976.jpg

Reverse thrust - didn't need them but still I wanted a play hehe

2012-2-11_22-42-36-799.jpg

To parking and unloading

2012-2-11_22-45-56-120.jpg

Thats it - I managed to do a greaser twice on the way there and on the way back which I am proud of as I am totally noob in this plane. Cargo accepted and now I am quids in :)

I need to treat Cody to a nice beer as without his hard work and dedication this plane would not be owned by Jims Air Distributions today.

Thanks for viewing

Current Cash: £29,260.76

Current Rep: 68.75% (this has gone down due to the now fired contractor missing his jobs - never hire Jackson Lewis)