th_vlf.jpg

For March we will be featuring anything connected in someway to France.

Civil / Military aircraft allowed, it may just be the airline that is French, or maybe a bush pilot out in French Polynesia but please add a caption so we know what the French connection is!

Good luck everyone, please check out the rules here, the competiton closes Sat March 31st 23:59 UTC

How wierd! One of my Photobucket albums is actually titled, The French Connection !

First up, The magnificent Breguet Deux Ponts

bregDPcrz.jpg

I really dont think we're supposed to be here Fido ! Citroen 2CV and Mirage F1s

2cvcolmargrey.jpg

Concorde ! ....no superlatives needed !

concAFturn.jpg

as i live in france does this count?

if not have a look at this vid the music is excellent

they get away with stuff the raf hierarchy would never allow

sadly i have nowhere to put my pictures to show you as i dont belong to any social sites and we cant upload them to mutleys

oh yes, the French connection!

For some reason I have a weakness for French aircraft, possibly because my first aviation heroes were Tanguy and Laverdure...

btw re the wonderful clip above: did you know they waived the rules for minimum distance between aircraft for that film? Never knew the French Air Force had those rules if you watch youtube!

but back to the competition at hand, so much to choose from...

So something with Mirages:

JK10-02.jpg

something with the aircraft named after my daughter:

FX13138.jpg

and something with a hot ass:

FX13723.jpg

(it is a Rafale if the French Connection wasn't clear!)

but these may change later...

I last saw one of those MS760s at the Greenham Common airshow many years ago, Neat little aircraft using the same engines as the Fouga Magister. very very noisy for its size, in fact like the Maggie, the engine pitch can actually make some people physically sick ! Lovely to see one again. I,ve got the same model in my FS reserve hangar though it's seldom flown. I may have to rectify that . :)

Pic2 Charles Lindbergh making history in 1927 flying solo in his "Spirit of St. Louis " Non Stop from New York to Paris France in 34 hrs. Seen here making his final French Connection by flying past the Eiffel Tower.

fs92012-03-1213-53-26-78.jpg

here is where i live 40k from perpignan, scenery care of france vfr, the roundabout under the rear of the seneca is where i live , the med can be seen in the distance on the extreme right and the mountain in the distance behind the a/c is Bugarach where we are all going to be beamed up by aliens later this year, if you doubt me check out this link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/8217001/French-village-which-will-survive-2012-Armageddon-plagued-by-visitors.html or simply google bugarach 2012 there is masses to read all about it from the end of the mayan calander to hitler looking for hidden giants sleeping in the mountain it all makes interesting reading.

2012-3-16_18-22-5-808.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my entries.

An Air France B777 on finals at Sydney Airport in Australia, at the beginning of a bright new day.

690Contest2_Custom_.jpg

A close shave flying under the Eiffel tower in Paris...

811Contest3_Custom_.jpg

...and an even closer one flying under the bridge at the Louvre!

669Contest4_Custom_.jpg

Good luck everyone, I entered at the last minute haha.

I agree with you there Misha, Paris is my all time favourite city, I love it. The traffic can be a nightmare though, I found that driving a truck and then later a coach around it was big help as car drivers tended to give you a wide berth ! It really is one of those "must go to" cities.

Not got much French stuff TBO, but have been playing around with a Airbus A380 all week so thought that these would be suitable.

Parts for the A380 are made in many different Europe Countries and they all come together at Toulouse in France to be assembled into a flyable aircraft, so there's the "French Connection" (ruddy good effort by the Europe's if you ask me :) )

Airbus A380 in house colours

fsx_2012_03_31_00_43_07_763.jpg

This one's for Max, it says "Frankfurt am Main" on it's nose :)

fsx_2012_03_31_02_50_00_123.jpg

German Airline company, French Assembled Plane, British Airport (and it's all freeware ;) .)

fsx_2012_03_31_02_34_30_897.jpg

Good luck All, :thum:

Cheer's...Graham...

pic3 shot taken on board a French airforce C130 as part of the countries famous aerobactic display team the "La Patrouille de France" Mystere 1VAs do a slow fly past. 2012-3-24_18-28-7-816.jpg

Thanks everyone for joining in!

There were some excellent entries and the quality of shots never fail to amaze me.

However, there can only be one winner and one entry immediately said winner to me, it was this shot from newcomer ClemCookie.

The Mudry Cap 10 flying through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris was an inspired choice.

1212012_3_31_18_52_46_704.jpg

Well done Clem, check your PM's