Does anyone have any recommendations for an in-sim traffic viewer/traffic board for FSX? Freeware preferred but wouldn't be averse to a known good payware one.

John

I knew about TTools being in there - didn't know about a viewer - will look. It sounds like the price is right.

Thanks,

John

EDIT: Not finding anything like that in there.

JDA

Looking for a way to bring up a schedule board, traffic map and a way to go to spot view on a selected AI aircraft.

I did find AIRound (low-cost payware with free demo) and that seems to be doing the job pretty will, but am still open to other suggestions.

John

I've downloaded and installed TrafficLook from Dowson's page. It's nifty but is intended as a demo of the data that can be pulled out of FS with FSUIPC It's just a table, dynamically updated, but no maps or other features.

So far AIRound seems to be the best I've found and it's pretty good.

John

This is pretty much resolved. I've gone with AIRound from SimMarket. It's very well done and works well - FSX only. Once downloaded there's a free demo that works for four FS sessions, then you have to register it. It's about $20. I really recommend this one if you're an FS traffic-monger.

http://secure.simmar...-x-(v2.0).phtml

AIRound01.jpg

AIRound02.jpg

John

I had a similar utility for FS9 that was part of T2005. I used it mainly for traffic watching and troubleshooting of traffic I added myself. I use a lot of freeware AC (including flyable ones, and some payware) as traffic in FS9 and hope to be able to do the same in FSX. There's nothing quite like being in some obsucre airport somewhere with a load of cabbages in AH and encountering something that you sprinkled into the traffic flight plans randomly months before.

This utility has some neat features including some special landing and take-off view options for AI traffic as well as just following them in spot view. It's a great way to get some FS immersion while working on other things without needing to actually fly.

John