what is the best/worst freeware a/c or scenery

Best freeware scenery I've tried has got to be NL2000 and SWE2011.

Worse freeware.. not sure there, but I think it's an attempt at improving Stockholm-Bromma (ESSB), but it left lots and lots of invisible obstacles on the taxiways....

Not sure where I got it or who made it, but it was removed rather quickly..

As for planes, I can't remember when I flew a freeware plane last, so I have no input what so ever....

I know us swedes do things a bit differently, but I can live with that ;)

As for the scenery Mike, you can download it here. The link is fairly high up on the page where it says SWED2011-SYD.zip...

There is actually an english translation of the documentation, although it's not the best english i've seen ;)

I was starting to give up hope and that we were all rich so never looked for freeware!

The NL2000 stuff i had in fs9 and i knew they were developing for fsx but never saw the release

Both the swedish and spanish scenery are of great interest so shall get busy on them tonight, many thanks for the links

Regarding SWE2011, incase you're not aware you will need some sort of add-on mesh (FS Global recommended) and UTX Europe installed to get the most out of it.

The default Mesh for sweden is rather low in detail. In the southern parts it doesn't matter much because it is rather flat, but once the scenery advances up to the northern parts it will mean alot to have it. SWE2011 also relies on UTX to provide data for larger roads and railroads.

That spanish scenery does look tempting, but the download size is somewhat daunting!

I seeded all the Spanish scenery on torrents as well in addition to the download links that are in the documentation, to make them easier to access for some...happy to share them all if anyone would find them useful but be warned it did take me 1 month of continuous downloading to get them all!

Found the spanish scenery really good , yes it takes a while to download 2 days for about 7 files around barcelona (at my slow connection speed) but it really improves ones enjoyment , yes the coast isnt perfect but this was done by amateurs , so hats off to them.

has anyone done any freeware italian scenery? or Greece?

I used to have a reasonable copy of perignan rivesaltes (LFMP) it was made i think for 2002 I have found a mediocre one for fsx but it is not a patch on the 2002 version do we have any airfield designers here? I can supply pics

That is quite a site.

I had a good look around in it - "Christmas in October".

One word of caution (take this very carefully) - one of the "Ants Australia" freeware packages has been less than stellar on my setup. However, I'm such an amateur at this whole process, It was more than likely something I didn't set correctly. I downloaded YBBN Brisbane airport and was terribly disappointed that the stock FSX was far better. The runways seem to melt into the grass on the AA version. The buildings are all correctly placed and nicely rendered, but it looks like you're lining up on a grass and gravel airstrip. I removed it and I've gone back to stock FSX for YBBN (plus John Allard's plate).

Cheers,

March

PS; Currently flying my shiny new Aussie-liveried PBY out of YBBN and having a great time.

That is quite a site.

I had a good look around in it - "Christmas in October".

One word of caution (take this very carefully) - one of the "Ants Australia" freeware packages has been less than stellar on my setup. However, I'm such an amateur at this whole process, It was more than likely something I didn't set correctly. I downloaded YBBN Brisbane airport and was terribly disappointed that the stock FSX was far better. The runways seem to melt into the grass on the AA version. The buildings are all correctly placed and nicely rendered, but it looks like you're lining up on a grass and gravel airstrip. I removed it and I've gone back to stock FSX for YBBN (plus John Allard's plate).

Cheers,

March

PS; Currently flying my shiny new Aussie-liveried PBY out of YBBN and having a great time.

If you want a top class YBBN do yourself a favour and get the ftx version, just ensure you have a high specced p.c.