Aviolinee Manzo - The Italian Job

After a long vacation, Mr. Manzo has decided to establish a new company in southern Italy.

At the press conference, held last week at a prestigious hotel on Naples seafront, Mr. Manzo has announced that, at the moment, he will open a small logistics base at the military airport of Grazzanise (LIRM), a bunch of miles north of Naples.

He announced that the Cessna 172 was already sold for a faster and more capacious C182RG.

The company name will be "Aviolinee Manzo", a name reminiscent of the pioneers of Italian aviation.

After a few agreements with the Chief Commander of the Grazzanise Airbase, Mr. Manzo has been able to build a new hangar to house the goods and the offices of the new company.

Given the stellar reputation of Mr. Manzo, multiple job offers came soon, especially to neighboring Croatia. Obviously, the bank account of Mr. Manzo has not really struggled to rise.

After about two weeks of intense activity, Mr. Manzo has decided to sell C182RG to rent a faster Quest Kodiak. He also decided to leave the military base in Grazzanise and to open a new base at Salerno Pontecagnano (LIRI). One point of reputation has been forever lost, but LIRI airport is on the sea and Mr. Manzo likes that. :D

Not much time has passed, and the reputation rose to the point that a young driver requested to be part of the company.

Mr. Manzo hired the youngster for a pitiful wage, and he immediately sent him around Italy to deliver packages.

The results, after about a month of flights, are very encouraging: no jobs failed yet, € 126.488 in the cash, and about the same worth of cargo to deliver in the next few days.

Mr. Manzo is planning to leave the Kodiak to the young Zak and rent a faster turboprop or even a small jet. Noblesse oblige!

All for now.

Good luck withthe new venture, I think I may have the perfect aircraft for you, works on land or sea and carries a useful load. I can let you have for a reasonable fee, and shes a lot tougher than a Cessna!

An Ex-US Navy Grumman Albatross! well maintained and only one reasonably careful owner! :D

albatrosslow.jpg

Alan, now that is a pretty nice aircraft! Is it available at a fairly reduced price as a Christmas Sale? :D

Joe, grazie… and about the CIA, please :secret::whis:

Brief update.

Got a sleek, fast and elegant Epic Dinasty for me, over 1700 lbs worth of cargo, she flies high and fast and almost has STOL capabilities. Now I'm in Linz, Austria, waiting for the next job.

Zak is a good boy, but he still needs some practice :huh: He has already caused damages for about 2.500 euros. Does he know that I can fire him with no excuses at all?

All for now :hat:

Brief update.

Last Friday I have been contacted by a certain Gabriel, who wanted to work with Aviolinee Manzo. The good boy seemed very motivated, and I have to admit that his resume was really impressive, despite his lack of experience.

Reluctantly, I had to tell him that, at the time, I was not looking for staff. I would have called him if there was need of help. Poor boy, I know how he feels.

After a quiet weekend, I returned to the office in Italy and found a terrible surprise.

Zak was all sweaty and tinkered with various work tools around the Kodiak. Or, rather, what remained of a Kodiak. I could not believe my eyes!

"Quiet boss, nothing is as it seems. Not anything that can not be repaired with a tap of a hammer here and one there!"

Poor Kodiak. It was almost brand new only a week ago. And now it is a wreck!

At first I tried to believe the words of Zak, "nothing that can not be repaired". But reducing an aircraft in these conditions requires special skills indeed. The mechanics report 79% of the whole aircraft is damaged. There is a huge bill to pay, €165K and some spare coins. I have to use the insurance. Holy beef!

"Zak, drop everything, get your things and move away as far as possible from this plane. Just remember to pick up your paycheck and go."

Now it is time to carry a load in Rome. I just have time to arrange the documents for the dismissal of Zak and make a call.

"Hello, Gabriel?"

More to come

Poor Zak, here for a short time didn't even have time to unpack, all because while flying the Kodiak he gave it a nasty whack which left a terrible crack, he's lucky Ros didn't give him a hurtful smack for being such a piloting hack, hopefully Gabriel will get things back on track, while poor Zak with head hung low is at least glad he doesn't have to re-pack . :D

Pre-Christmas update

What a worker is Gabriel, and how much skill. He has already done a lot of work with very little damage to his plane. Obviously he has a lot of care and attention during the flight. This is what I was looking for. I hope to continue working with this guy for a long time.

I keep going back and forth between Italy and the rest of Europe on my reliable Epic Dynasty. What a great plane! Fast, capable of carrying 1,700 pounds of cargo with full tanks. And I rarely need to fly with lots of fuel, since fuel consumption is quite small.

For the company management, it is worth mentioning that Mr. M. has achieved a new success. In addition to a strong increase in reputation, the new Aviolinee Manzo main base is at Naples Capodichino International Airport. Mr. M. playing at home now!

Mr. M. also reported that the hauling operations will be interrupted next Thursday for the Christmas holidays, and will resume regularly on January 7. Gabriel will keep working on friday, saturday and sunday also… maybe monday, too. :whis:

From Mr. M. and Gabriel, on behalf of Aviolinee Manzo, our best wishes of a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. :hat:

Company stats here: Aviolinee Manzo

• 3 weeks later...

Update

After the Christmas break, pilots of Aviolinee Manzo have resumed their trade.

Gabriel is proving to be an excellent pilot and he has completed many jobs without major damage to his plane.

As a reward, I decided to promote him to the rank of 2nd officer and hire him a new Beechcraft B1900C.

This way, given the enthusiasm for his promotion and the tripled load, Gabriel will be able to make an even greater contribution to the company.

Mr. Beef, at the moment, is continuing to fly on his trusty Dynasty, raising the reputation of the company and taking other coin in his pocket.

However, he is considering a loan to rent a larger plane to take his wings to the higher commercial routes. An ATR-72, maybe, or even a jet.

Stay tuned!

Company stats here: Aviolinee Manzo

• 1 month later...

(Consistent) update 

If you do not speak, it means that you are busy doing other things, for example accumulating large amounts of coins!

The forward-looking Mr. Beef(cake), given the remarkable qualities of Gabriel Watts as a pilot, and also seen that in the meantime Gabriel had been promoted to Captain, decided to take a loan from the bank and rent a large Boeing 737-400.

The smart move by the CEO immediately proved to be very effective. In fact, many contracts came soon and the debt was paid off in a very short time, thanks to the exhausting shifts of the poor Gabriel.

Extinguished the debt, you can easily imagine that earnings increased quite a lot.

"Mr Beef, da man!" This is the headline on the front page of the Financial Times today that talks about his amazing business! :D

Unfortunately, Mr. Manzo can not fly for some time, and is thinking of selling his trusty Dynasty, parked in Naples.
"Maybe I'll give to my children", he thought.

More to come!

Rosario,

Good stuff, but given recent events, I'm not sure I'd want to be associated with anything that is alleged to be beef in the FT. It seems a lot of "other" things are turning up and are beef in name only.

Good to see that your AI pilots are doing so well for you.

John

• 1 month later...

Brief update.

Gabriel is doing good things on his 737-400 and has achieved the rank of Training Captain. I hope he does not want to interfere with the management of the company, power may blow your mind! He came to my office with the uniform full of little stars and told me he would like to ride an heavy. Maybe later.

As you may know, Alitalia has dismissed the MD-80s after years of honored service. Nice opportunity, now the boss aircraft is a faithful and noisy Maddog. Registration is I-DAWE, you can see some pics of the boss flying here: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=I-DAWE

Mr Manzo's house is abeam the runway centerline in Naples (true story), and his wife asked him to respect the noise reduction procedures when taking off from runway 24. "I know, I'm a scoundrel. You like me for this, baby!" :D

Company stats here: http://www.airhauler.net/portal/Stats/CompanyStats.php?s_AHHandle=ose255&s_AHStatRankText=&s_AHStatCompanyName=&s_AHStatMode=&s_AHStatPilotName=&s_AHStatFSVer=&AHStatsOrder=&AHStatsDir=&AHStatsPageSize=&SId=41773

More to come