Recently came across your site chaps i am  impressed. :)  so much so i am now i need of your help. :wacko2:

Hello to everyone out there from a newbie ! :thum:

Flight Simulator X deluxe edition Loading problems.

Recently I got a Dos Page type error on my PC when loading the new Jet Liner Freemium US
airlines free download from Just Flight. It said if it was the first time it appeared to turn off and reboot which I did. Later on

that evening it came up again and suggested if it appeared before to uninstall
any new software/hardware and reboot. Since then my PC has been fine but I had
errors on FSX so I tried to repair by reinstalling FSX. This came up with 1722 error problem with installer package.

I tried again with the same results.

Numerous attempts at this failed so now I am at the point where I have Uninstalled FSX

completely along with SP1 + SP2 plus all add-ons (Jetliner Freemium, BOB
Hurricane, EE Lightning, Hawker Hunter, Mosquito + SP1 + SP2, Lysander SO, VFR
scenery 1+2, Supermarine Spitfire, Duxford scenery, Coningsby scenery and some
other odd scenery that all worked fine for years/months before this happened.).

I have tried installing directly in C: FSX and C: program files\ FSX and the default

install file.

Always I get to the last loaded file then1722 error problem with installer package, then it says rolling back action,
then error 1603 fatal error during installation, consult msi.chm or MSDN.

I just can’t get it loaded on my PC so to check the DVDs I installed it on my son’s laptop and it went on straight away !!.

Everything else on my PC is working fine and the original Dos page error has not reappeared. I have run “Error end” and other”CCleaner”, defragemented and disk cleaned to no avail.

I am completely bamboozled! – can anyone help or suggest a fix? :stars: 

Microsoft XP Pro 2002 SP3

Intel R Xeon TM CPU 3.2 GHz

2 GB Ram

Alan C.

THANKYOU Kasper, fantastic :thum:  :) ,

the link to reset the license did the trick, think i would have been a long while sorting that out on my own. Great response. I think i will be in this "Hanger" quite a bit from now on. Looks like a great place for tips and help to me.

Thanks again and look forward to mailing you guys in future. All i have to do now is load everything again :( Could take a while!

cheers

Alan

A strange beast is FSX. Have just completed a reinstall myself after the former setup had run into trouble after a 3 year runtime.

Uninstalled to begin, ran my registry cleaner, JV16.  From what had been a very tidy registry I was faced with the removal of over 2700 registry enteries.  No problem there, have been using JV16 for over ten years now and have every confidence in it.

Now comes the interesting part. After installing FSX, rebooted and defragged. Opened program to begin making changes to settings, cfg etc. prior to relinking scenery.....at no point have I been asked for the program Key.

This is the fourth time I have done a clean install of FSX in seven years. It is the first time I have not been asked for the KEY. The same situation was not encountered when I installed Acceleration. Both the Key and online activation required for the latter.

All tweaks and cfg changes made. Running without scenery. Beautiful....not the view, the smoothness. Now begins the relinking of all my scenery which I keep copies of in their unpacked condition on separate HDDs.