Well I guess its finally time for me to put up or shut up . I have been talking this business start up plan with my family and friends for a while now and I guess they all decided that they have had enough of me talking. Earlier this week my partner handed me the keys to a building and told me to drive to Williamstown ( YWLM ) and get to work . I arrived to find a used but trusty C172 sitting inside a Hanger that had my business name on a sign outside and my family standing around. Took some time outfitting the office and getting my name out there to start picking up work and finally yesterday I recieved my first email. 

Dear Sir, 

We are in desperate need of a company to transport a shipment of our toys from our warehouse to Sydney airport before Friday 15 March 2013. We have had some terrible service with another provider both via air and road and are now on the lookout for a more reliable company who can handle repeat business. We are willling to pay the sum of $5703 dollar (Australian) for this shipment. Please reply back ASAP so we can start arragements to meet this deadline

Yours Sincerly 

Rockstar Toy Company

Not being one to turn any sort of job away I sent my reply straight away and things were set into motion. Now I am just waiting for the delivery to arrive and I shall be on my way . 

Feels good to finally get this business running and while I know that its going to be a long and slow affair I feel confident that one day I will upgrade my fleet and maybe even hire another pilot or two and even start doing long hauls .

Steve 

Just arrived into Sydney International in what can only be described as "interesting" weather. Flight out of Newcastle went well until about 65nm out from Sydney when the weather decided to roll in. Made a safe landing inbetween a Saab 340 of REX and an Airbus a320 operated by Virgin Australia and well felt a little out of place amoungst the heavy iron all around me . Pulled up to the depot and unloaded then headed off to the cafe to grab a bite to eat and check my phone. Got a voice mail message from my Administration assistant who told me I now had a pick up in Sydney as she took the chance on grabbing another job for us. Then she dropped the bombshell, The company we hired to design our new corporate logo had taken our money and ran .... Great now Im out 15k and no logo .. Still I guess at the moment the Skyhawk doesn't need a new paintjob but would of been nice to at least look semi professional. 

Anyway , Aircraft "(and myself for that matter ) is refueled and reloaded so back to Newcastle I go . Been told there is a newspaper photoshoot for when I arrive so better make sure everything is spick and span for that . Hopefully I can even get a copy to show people .

Cool Logo,

Welcome to the MHAH Mob.

If you haven't already done so, peruse John Allard's contributions in: 

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5706&SID=5cfec9zefdbczzb5fae2z3baf5b332zc

and Slopey's default file: 

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5747&SID=5cfec9zefdbczzb5fae2z3baf5b332zc

Cheers from Sunny (today it was, anyway) Brisbane

Well the Skyhawk is gone ..... Landed at Sydney airport this morning and started taxing to our little corner when an airbus A380 operated by Qantas decided that it would use me as a brake. Well it was a little hard to see my poor baby being so high up and all . So after the insurance and a little bit extra from Qantas I have upgraded to a brand spanking new fresh from factory c 182 RG ... Its currently getting outfitted with some new paint before I get to unleash it onto the world. Business is starting to pick up as well but I have heard Rumours that another company is looking at moving into my field of operations. Only time will tell if they crumble and fold or if they start becoming a serious contender to my throne of Freight King in this area

Maybe if they start getting too big I should just buy them out 

Good advice.

Haul out the back seats for a bit more payload. Make sure you do the work before importing to AH or you're stuck with stock.

I'm flying the Carenado bird. Sure can haul @$$ to altitude. Good bad weather flyer, too. Mine came with some pretty dated instrumentation, but it all works (or did until last night - $3500 to fix an inop NDB), GS, GPS, A/P (no altitude hold).

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the progress of TEX

Due to the severe lack of available jobs for a smaller company in Australia and very little money heading into the company coffers we made the radical decision to close our base of operations and undertake the challenge of searching abroad for better opportunties. We then found a nice little Regional airport in Central Alberta Canada. After signing the appropriate paperwork which took over a week to finalize and also getting our office updated we are finally about to start taking of in the skies over Red Deer. Whilst we are grateful for our time in Australia the lack of shorter flights made it near on impossible for us to grow and move forward. We are now just waiting on the RG to arrive ( last we heard it was arriving in Vancouver Harbour ) and we will be up up and away . 

Not really , Most of the job offers I was getting were too long and required multiple trips to achieve . even on shorter flight setting and the like for some reason AH just wanted to give me jobs which required at least 2 flights over 2 hours to achieve . I would of loved to stay in Australia but It just wasnt fun for me 

Wow what a busy 48 hours for me . After signing all the paperwork and getting my hanger space at CYQF ( Red Deer Regional ) I hopped a shuttle flight to Calgary and then caught a Canadian Virtual Express flight out to  Vancouver to pick up my little 182. Pre flighted and then shuttled my baby across the Rockies towards her new home. After sleeping in the area above my office ( to save money as I still havent found a rental property in the local area ) I was up bright and early the next morning to start my first delivery flight. Since that time I have done 3 flights to Edson and return back to Red Deer. Money is still tight and Im definatly going to struggle making the repayments for a while but it seems like this was a great business decision. Hopefully not too long until I start getting enough to look at a Caravan or something simular to really start raking in the money . Have seen a nice little twotter in the hanger next to mine that would be a nice little investment if the price is right . 

Try importing Milton shupe's Aero Commander AC500 Cargo. The thing hauls a lot of cargo and due to it's long range you never need a full tank unless you have a job that delivers to the moon. At 400K new and a 60K deposit for leasing it is a real bargain. Another must-have IMHO is Brian Gladden's Gippsland Airvan (although that works only in FS2004), It costs little more than a 182 but hauls a damn sight more crates :D

Not to mention that both of them are great hand flyers. Another plane that is inexplicably overlooked is Milton Shupe's Dash 7. The thing hauls almost 4.000 lbs on a full tank and with a bit of practice you can land it on a 700 m runway.

News Release . 

Due to ongoing Investigations from the RCMP I have had to shut Tecaty Express for good. It seems that my major investor was not as forthright with where he obtained his wealth as he would of liked everyone to believe and they have seized my C 182 and FOB . :(  This is heart breaking for me as I was really starting to build a great reputation and almost started making money after being in the red for a while . Im not sure where the future will lead me but I will bounce back again. I have already recieved a offer of another aircraft to use but if I do operate again it will be under a different business name . 

Ok so my computer crashed and I have had to do reinstalls but you get the Idea :) 

Sorry about your computer crash but your post reminded me to back up my AH file so it won't happen to me. I need to replace a LAN module in my machine and although that shouldn't be a problem....replacing a driver has known to cause system crashes.

How come different business name?

Too bad about the RCMP investigation. Those guys have long memories. Where I come from we call them "Gravel Road Cops". It's an interesting moniker that needs a bit of explanation:

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is a Federal police force. Being federally funded, they come under the Canadian set of laws that require all federal offices to be titled in a bilingual manner. Thus RCMP cars (and other equipment) have RCMP/GRC in the logo. The Federal police patrol all of the rural areas in Canada that cannot afford their own police force. That's a fair piece of the country. It's also where most of Canada's gravel roads are located.

GRC = Gendarmerie Royal Canadien (apologies if I got the spelling messed up) = Gravel Road Cops

Now I gotta go and get QuikAire airborne for the day.

Gunner, that looks pretty good. Thanks. I think I'm going to give it a try. Windows backup will not allow backing up to a mapped network drive and the one you recommend will.

I guess there is a professional version of Windows that does permit that but I am not using that version. Your suggestion my be exactly what I'm looking for.

John

So just an update on what has happened. After discussions with my lawyers and the RCMP the following has happened. 

I have gotten my FOB at Red Deer returned to me as this was purchased with my own money. The RG on the other hand was purchased with funds that were obtained via illegal methods and has been seized to be auctioned. All money earned by the use of the RG has also been seized due to being obtained via an illegal method. 

So while I no longer have my money nor my RG I am still allowed to continue with my business as per normal. I have been using a local C 172 on a wet lease option from the local flying school until the fate of my RG was decided and to be honest I cant wait to see the back end of that. 

So now I am on the lookout for an used RG and I think I have found one just outside Seattle so will am going to hop a flight out there and take a look. 

Does anyone know of a decent paint shop in the area which can help me respray aircraft. These latest setbacks have made me want to achieve success even more harder and I am determaned to be as professional as possible .