Wheel Stand Pro Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System Deluxe V2

A great review of a really interesting and innovative product - many thanks, Joe!    ^_^

Having lost my simming room owing to my father's illness, I'm now wondering whether this (in its Thrustmaster Warthog incarnation, in my case   ;)  ) might offer the possibility of a quicker sim setup and breakdown, whilst my kit is dispersed elsewhere.

Hmm......    :whis:

Cheers and thanks,

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Sorry to hear of your father's illness, the WSP could well help you to sneak off for a quick vlying session.

I will bring the WSP to the show at Cosford later this year if you want a closer look.

Cheers..

Joe

Great review Joe. Very interesting.

Having seen my panel, do you think it would be possible to bolt my panel to the plate that you fix the yoke to?

What height adjustment is there in the yoke post?

It would be superb if I could fit my panel to it somehow.

You will see when you visit, just how I have mine set up now, and maybe advise me accordingly.

Cheers and thanks for a different review.

Looks like a very nice option, my only complaint is that I can't fit all my gear to it with dual throttle quadrants and a trim wheel...

If only those mounting plates were long enough for one more unit it would on my "to-buy" list.

Looks like a very nice option, my only complaint is that I can't fit all my gear to it with dual throttle quadrants and a trim wheel...

If only those mounting plates were long enough for one more unit it would on my "to-buy" list.

Yup, I have the same problem..I have more gear than would fit on there. Nice idea though. I like the way it folds up to save space.

Sent the company a message from their website asking if they would consider adding longer mounting plates as an option for the product.

I'll let you know what they come back with.

Got a positive response from them.

They can supply an additional mounting plate that you attach in the rear pair of holes of the second unit that then extends out to make room for a third unit on the right side.

I'll try to post their supplies photos of the solution tomorrow.

That is great news Micke, they really are very helpful and open to suggestions, being the manufacturer as well means most things are do-able, certainly there would be no weight issue.

Please keep us up to date.

Micke, if you are short of dedicated space for your FS gear this is the answer!

The Mrs will thank you for all that space you have gained.  ;)

Not sure she will see it that way though... she'll see it as more gadgets in my ever-growing collection  ;)

@Steph: Here's the images they sent for the solution.

Bottom.jpg

Front.jpg

Top.jpg

To be able to add this to your order you can't however order directly from the web-page. You need to e-mail them through their contact form.

Great review Joe, lot's of pictures and good take on a consumers, first look , point of view. :thum: Nice to see a well made product in this world of ever more cheaply made items.

Wouldn't hurt to have another bracket underneath everything, with a flat plate giving the user a place for their mouse. Otherwise you have to lean over the rig to use it on another flat surface. It looks as if you still need a place for the monitor and other stuff that accumulates as one flies. Easily fixed with a couple of folding tray tables I guess. ;) Placing it in front of a desk is not much of a space saver, front to back, yet that is where most of us have our PC's. I also wondered why they haven't made it universal for fitting other companies flightsim components.  :twocents:

That said, I can see this as being a practical product for folks flight simming needs.  :)      

@Micke.. From my experience that would work nicely. They are just giving you an extra bracket the same as the original to make that extension, quite clever in simple way.

@Brett.. It is more of a desk space saver, the reason why i use the mini keyboard with the built in mouse pad is so I don't have to stretch over the yoke. Another plate out for the mouse would be ok but one for the keyboard would not be practical so the mini keyboard option would be the way to go.

@Adrian, do what Micke did and send them an email they would be sure to give you the information you want, they are very helpful. 

• 10 months later...

Hi, Im considering getting a wheel stand pro for my saitek gear, however I'm using the Saitek TPM and noticed in the MH review that it does fit but perhaps doesnt look or work great.

I wondered since there are screw holes on the top of the TPM could it perhaps be fitted below the metal bracket rather than on top for better functionality, has anyone tried or willing to test this?

Also can anyone comfirm if the throttle of the TPM is fully in the idle/out position does it clear the yoke when the yoke is turned fully to the right?

Does anyone use the Wheel Stand Pro with the Saitek TPM, if so any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie

The screw hole layout on the TPM is not the same as a panel so you would have to drill your own holes.

Unfortunately, I sold my TPM after setting the WSP up so cannot answer your question about the clearance but my gut feeling is that it would still interfere with the plungers at full extent.

I am sure the manufacturer would have had this question before, he is also able to make bespoke brackets so I expect some solution is available.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply I found, the developer (Kamil) very helpful and you can contact him via their website here  http://wheelstandpro.com/contact

Hope that helps,

Joe

Thanks Joe

I may consider it still and contact them regarding brackets options, right now I've also been looking at the IKEA Fredde workstation as it seems to be well suited with plenty of desktop room for mounting and space for my other GoFlight hardware also. I'm in need of a new desk anyway so this may be the answer rather than the WSP plus another desk!

Thanks again

Eddie

Hi Eddie and welcome to Mutley's Hangar. :hat: Hope you get it all worked out and if you do get it, I would love to see some pictures of your setup when you are done. :)