RAF 90th Anniversary screenshot contest #1

I would like to announce the first of a series of screenshot competitions as part of our RAF 90 year celebrations.

The theme throughout will be in some way connected with the RAF.

For the first contest I would like to see shots of of second world war RAF aircraft only.

I will accept up to 3 entries per member, on this first competition only minor editing is allowed with a maximum width of 1024 pixels,

The competition will run for 3 weeks closing on Saturday 9th February.

The judge's decision (i.e mine will be final)

Did I mention a prize? Oh yes! a mint collectors copy of the RAF 90 year commemorative calendar dance.gif

calendar.jpg

calendar2.jpg

The only person not eligible for the competition is me! cry-1.gif

... So get posting 001_ttiwwop.gif

Cheers

Hi Chris,

For this one minor edits, sharpen, levels and re-size etc to make it a more level playing field.

Then for future competitions we will have full editing compositions and art :mrhappy:

With only one entrant so far you got a pretty good chance of winning :cool:

Cheers

With only one entrant so far you got a pretty good chance of winning :cool:

hold off on that thought Mutley, looks like thers a few more... and i've got mine coming too... i'd advise you to be ready for a few stunners :mrhappy: :dance2:

Just an old shot as nVidia broke my FS and im grounded. It's pretty un-inspired compared to the other entrants but here is a lone Hurricane.

hur.jpg

steve

Edit: Just realised, did you not say in the in your first post Joe, you would like to see WWII shots only for the first comp ? Eurofighters :doh hehe.

Come on then Simi!! :bowdown:

i just uplaoded a few really impressive (by my own standards) shots and almost posted them here... and then i realised this competition was for WWII RAF aircraft only :doh ... so there i was, sat 'ere ready to post a few of the Do335, Me-108 Taifun and more and then Reef's post (BTW, lovely pic there steve!) made me look back at the rules again.... now i'm back to the drawing board, and in a "ever seen this one..." mood, so expect some relatively unknown RAF aircraft from me...

I hope you are going to post those shots Simi in the screenshot or arts/edits forum?

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers

sure will... although i've a few other Axis wonders that have recently entered my hangar that warrant joing that post, so might leave it off for a few nights so i can get a few more snaps..

Hi Simon - I think the trick with FSRecorder is to replay several recordings at the same time - so you get several A/Cs in the frame simultanously. Choose playback as AI and use the ctrl key to select as many recordings as you need. Now, it's not straightforward getting the recordings right, but if you start with the lead A/C and record the next A/C when playing back the lead A/C as AI, you can build up a 'formation' and, hey presto!

Hope that helps.....

Cheers, and thanks for the compliment! Dai. :bowdown:

Hi Simon - I think the trick with FSRecorder is to replay several recordings at the same time - so you get several A/Cs in the frame simultanously. Choose playback as AI and use the ctrl key to select as many recordings as you need. Now, it's not straightforward getting the recordings right, but if you start with the lead A/C and record the next A/C when playing back the lead A/C as AI, you can build up a 'formation' and, hey presto!

Hope that helps.....

Cheers, and thanks for the compliment! Dai. :cool:

i've tried this a few times and find it quite difficult to actually save and re-load the next aircraft in a suitable position, or even anywhere near the AI recording hat i took...

not to worry, i have CFS3 and Shockwave's 'Firepower' add-on pack... there's a few formation missions in that so we'll see what i get.

well, here they are.... my 3 entries.

I'm sure they'll get changed before the due date, so grab a look whilst you still can!! Note to the lovely and honourable judge :bowdown: , no major edits here at all - all have been cropped, colour adjusted slightly and (if applicable) text caption added.

4f77e59b.jpg

8c21a6e3.jpg

bc9463f2.jpg

enjoy folks!

Where did you get the Lancaster from???

:good

Kieran

hi Keiran,

its part of the "FirePower" add-on for CFS3 by Shockwave Productions, you may know them for the 'Wings Of Power' series.... definitely one of my best purchases for CFS3 i must say, the bombing missions are great fun!!

Hey guys.

To quote Joe "on this first competition only minor editing is allowed" so if you feel this is not minor editing, kick me out the competition :wacky: The only editing here is color values, the shots are pure FSX oh and i added the borders. To me a minor edit but to others a monumental undertaking :sleep:

So anyhoo just 2 shots.

A MkI Sea Hurricane of runs a dangerous recce of the German coast. (just realized this is Navy and its a RAF screenshot contest) :thum:

hur-1.jpg

Training over England in a MkIIc Hurricane.

hur-2.jpg

Even if disqualified i hope you enjoyed them. Thanks for looking...

steve