Bought this today

I have moved one of my computers to the ground floor as it is to hot upstairs during this weather.

So I bought the new LG29'' Ultra-wide (LG 29EA93-P) to help me concentrate better.

X4cF1.jpg

Comparisons from a 16:9 to 21:9 

0YTCM.jpg

rKfEg.jpg

a5TlQ.jpg

sLoKA.jpg

As you can see from the aspect ratio you get a better perspective with the ultra-wide £414.95 from Novatech

This is my usual place of play

npWM.jpg

3UtiJ.jpg

I do my painting and devious planning on the smaller screen over the far side (24'') changed for the Ultra-wide

As the weather cools then it will be a revamp of the sim-room and improve the sim area, I may try the ultra-wide as the centre screen in the trio above.

LG linc:

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29EA93-P-led-monitor

Lovely James!

+1 to what Bunsen said, I already have 4 x 23" and 1 x 24" all running but the Novatech store is only a 15 minute drive away!

What am I to do?! I want 29"!!  :help:

Lovely James!

+1 to what Bunsen said, I already have 4 x 23" and 1 x 24" all running but the Novatech store is only a 15 minute drive away!

What am I to do?! I want 29"!!  :help:

I want 3 x 37" LEDs Joe :help: x3

• 1 month later...

I really like the look of the 21:9 format.  Looks like it would be  a good compromise if one didn"t want go to the expense and all that is entailed in a three monitor setup.

Did you notice a substantial frame rate increase between the three (16:9 X 3) monitor (5760X1080) setup and the single (21:9) LG Ultra-Wide of (2560 X1080) resolution?

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry welcome to the Hangar :welcomeani:

There as no difference in frame rate between the monitors, but I have found that the 29'' is a better screen to use.  So I have taken my 3 off and replaced with a 23'' side by side of the 29''

The smaller for gauges etc.,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pics of the new setup. Looks great.  I could do a similar thing, I am using a Samsung 27" (16:9) for my main monitor and I have a spare 24" (16:9) that I' not using at the moment. I was thinking of going to a two projector setup, but that would entail a considerable expense and take up a fair amount of room. 

I have a few questions I'd like to ask if you want to shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Jerry

HI Guys,

I'm happy to post a couple of pics of my setup.

So in the hope of getting more of us to post pictures of our setups, here they are. 

Self explanatory.

I've used Saitek stuff from the get go and have been pretty happy with it.

I built my panel after seeing a similar one at my first venture to the FlightSim Show at Weston, a couple of years ago.

This is obviously a photoshopped composite which I did to explain things better.

MySetup.jpg

And here is a shot of my setup, insitu.

MySetup1.jpg

Everything is Saitek except the GPS panel, which I built myself, the Parking Brake, Trim Wheel and the 16 button panel, which I also built. 

Cheers guys and I hope you like it.

Brian :thum:

Impressive setup there Needles. I especially like the polished MDF dashboard.

Seriously though, you must have a lot of fun with it, makes my simple setup look pathetic.

Best,

Remember that's how we all started.  so your set up is not pathetic, as that is how a good 85% of simmers fly, your way.

It's just us nutter's more enthusiastic ones who go further.  So it's up to you to become a nuttier more of an enthusiastic and join Idiots Aloft.   :wacko2:  :pilotic:

But only if you a sure that to be in the hobby for a long time, do you dedicate such finances.. :)

Thanks James, you are absolutely right about how much cash do we want invest in our wonderful hobby. I'm in that enviable dilemma of being able to afford a high spec PC and will be looking around at the Cosford show. Once that is set up I will be investing in scenery and WX add ons, (recommendations for the above would be appreciated).

The other investments are time and space. At present I'm busy working and family commitments leave me a couple of hours a day to fly, (that's when I'm not on here). I fly mostly real time short hauls in jet and prop liners with a bit of GA. Having said that, when work is quiet I can spend hours in the air.

Space for a cockpit set up is my biggest problem, I just don't have it. So for the moment I have to make do with a 2cc PC and a Hotas TX. But I'm not complaining. :)  

Happy Days!

Best,

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

My panel crept up on me.

I was happy having all my stuff bolted together as Saitek envisaged I suppose.

Then I went and met Joe and some of the other guys at Weston.

That's when the trouble started.

Fibbing to wifey, ordering stuff off the Internet and making out I didn't know where it all came from, birthdays, Christmases, in fact any occasion I would find the excuse to buy or receive more gear.

Then I built the panel. If you look through the cockpit building forum, you will find my sort of diary, of how I went about it.

Here: http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/6142-my-cockpit-build/

The panel front is a Birdseye maple veneer glued onto a thin sheet of plywood. The glare shield is covered in an imitation leather.

Yeah I know, when I start something, it has to be done to the best I can afford at the time.

My next plan is to rebuild the whole panel out of a fibreglass which I will build in a mould. I then want to incorporate a pc inside it also.

Big plans, but I have the time.

So this Xmas, I think Santa wifey, will be bringing me some fibreglass and resins.

James actually saw my panel at Weston last year, as I took it with me to show the guys there. Unfortunately, I could take my pc with me, so it was just a dead panel for people to have a peek at.

Glad you like it and it's like James says, only follow this idea, if you know for sure it's all you want to do with your hobby.

Have fun and I hope you find some inspiration from mine and others setups, be prepared though, to go a little crazy whilst you do it. :D

Cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian, sorry if I was rude about your maple veneer dash, taking the p comes from the building work I'm doing. But I am impressed by yours and others cockpits and who knows when and IF I can retire I might go down that runway. My 60th next year and have promised myself a go in a real simulator.

PS. I was a little crazy before I got into simming.

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

I never took your comments as rude or p*** taking, the pictures I posted do have a look of mdf. :P  I'm no photographer as you can tell. :D

I'm a retired (ill health), joiner/carpenter so that's where my skills lay.

Making the box for my panel was fairly straight forward but it grew larger than I had envisaged. It does that to you.

When Saitek stuff kept appearing at the house, it wasn't long before wifey sussed that it couldn't possibly be all to do with the central heating. :whis:

The fibs we tell in the pursuit of our hobby. Watch out, it will grab you. :D

I've recently been muting the fact that I may need to build another shed in the garden, to house an even bigger sim pit. You can imagine how that went down with herself. :huh:

I do enjoy FS and especially Mutley's Hangar. Since I was forced into retirement, I found it difficult to know what to do with my time, then I found a copy of PCPilot on the shelves and never looked back.

Thanks again for your comments, they are genuinely appreciated.

Cheers

Brian