I cant wait for this, I enjoyed my trip up with my dad last time.  

I will be coming on my own this year as my dad walks with a stick now and I think it will be too much for him  :mellow:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, stear well clear of this man (on the right), as you can see he is very shy.     I will be gentle with you James    EDIT: I have never heard of a shy fireman before!

Me and Joe,..... Joe and Me........ I and Joe......   Joe and I will be at the show.  

Brian, this is how you says it like proper.   Uncle Mr Joe Lawford and myself will be in attendance.  

I cant wait for this, I enjoyed my trip up with my dad last time.  

I will be coming on my own this year as my dad walks with a stick now and I think it will be too much for him  :mellow:

Yes John, it is a long walk from Guildford to Cosford.

But seriously I had a nice chat with your father about railways, shame he can't make it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

T-36 days and counting.

On a side note, I have taken the 8GB (4x2GB sticks) of Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 RAM out of my old PC, and I am prepared to give these to anyone who wants them when I come down to the show on October 4. They are three years old, but they were working fine when the motherboard and GPU failed.

Thanks Chris, I am sure you will get a taker !

We will have a selection of second hand flight sim titles for FS9 and FSX , components and Saitek gear at knock down prices that you will not be able to resist! All in aid of our cause!

Should be fun  :)

it would appear that sales this year are way down on expectations, saitek has pulled out of the show and from what i hear, the parent company of flight 1 has big problems and is either downscaling what they were going to do or also pull out. Still every cloud has a silver lining, from my experience those retailers that do attend will be more inclined to cut prices to make sales so it can only be good news for us simmers.

That's a shame, Nigel. I hope that plenty of people still turn up (both developers and customers/forum members). This is the first time that I will have ever visited a flightsim show (and a long time since I visited a show of any kind), and I am hoping to meet as many like minded people as I can!

I think the problem with Saitek is Martin Crompton has left the company. Martin was a huge supporter of the FSX community and these shows in particular. He will be missed as will Saitek but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Flight 1 obviously need to cut costs resulting in Pete Wright (Froogle) having to pull out of the show. Also, we know that Just Flights owners, Mastertronic, are going through a period of CVA, so it is a difficult time for the industry. Even more reason we why should support them, buy their products and visit the show!

I would hope so as they are one of the show organisers! Without them there is no show... JF have a bright future so long as we support them. Don't let the doom mongerers get to you!

I would hope so as they are one of the show organisers! Without them there is no show... JF have a bright future so long as we support them. Don't let the doom mongerers get to you!

Hear Hear! BTW JF are having a 7 sale All Boeings at reduced prices until Weds.

Me and Joe,.....

Joe and Me........

I and Joe......

:fool:

Joe and I will be at the show. :rolleyes:

:rofl: Brian, this is how you says it like proper.

Uncle Mr Joe Lawford and myself will be in attendance.

• Like 1

There will be other crew members as well throughout the day but me an Brian will be holding the fort, you are all more than welcome to hang around to meet and greet! We had a great turn out from our members last year.

Further to my decision to offer the 4x2GB sticks of Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 RAM to anyone that wants it, I have decided to bring my entire old PC down to Cosford on the day. Whilst the motherboard (Gigabyte Z68A-D3) and GPU (1GB GeForce GTX 560Ti) failed during a system test (which resulted in my decision to purchase a new PC), the case (itself a magnificent piece of work) also contains one or two other goodies. As far as I am aware, the following components are still in working order.....

Intel i5 2500k CPU (overclocked to 4.3Ghz for three years, and performed flawlessly during that time)

8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 RAM (4x2GB sticks)

Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler (this massive tower with its two fans is a sight to behold)

700W Xigmatek PSU

24x DVD-RW

I think it also has a Firewire card installed, since there is a very small card in a PCI slot.

The case is a Coolermaster Storm Enforcer. As already mentioned, this is a superb case. In fact, I liked it so much that I purchased exactly the same case for my new PC. It has a massive 200mm diameter fan at the front, a 120mm fan at the rear, and has plenty of space inside for adding hard disks and large graphics cards. It also has 2 USB2 and 2 USB3 ports on the front, and a similar number at the rear. I seem to recall noticing that the USB3 ports at the front didn't work properly when I inserted a USB3 flash drive, but that could just have been me doing something wrong.

I was also intending to donate the 2TB hard disk, but the fact that it may have stored credit card data and other personal information on it persuaded me to change my mind. I couldn't even format the disk because it had Windows on it (how exactly do you do this?).

So, all of this is being donated by Mr Nice Guy at Cosford on October 4, so please let me know on the day (or on this forum) if you are interested :)