Like many members of Mutley's I find the Forum friendly, informative and inspirational. It's the best club I have ever been a member of despite there being no bar.

I cannot help but notice that the donations target is at 26% and has been so for a while. Do the maths/math and that leaves a 74% shortfall.

That shortfall would have to met by our Great Leader Joe out of his own pocket.

Considering the benefits that we all, (2332 members) get from MH I feel that we should dip into our pockets to achieve over 100%.

I know times are hard but just the smallest donation would help, ie, £2, $2, 2 Euros. After all, we invest a lot in the hardware and software of our hobby of which MH is a great part. 

To kick off I have bunged a fiver into the kitty today.

So come on you good folk and dig into your wallets, I'm sure we'll all benefit.

:):thum: Geoff

I am In for £5, this is the best place on the web.

I fully agree with you John beyond any shadow  of a doubt, that  this site is the friendliest and best community flight sim site. Before yesterday I was last on here in November as I felt I had exhausted all my learner problem questions on here, but I never gave up and every day for the last 2 years and a lot of help  and tweaks from a simmer called FSXGenius I can now fly my777 anywhere on Earth. My Active Sky is so realistic that the approach to 26L in Palma is a low  viz approach. This baffled me until I realized that the curent infamous  Sahara Sands must have been the culprit. I am trying to learn Radar Contact now..................any advice like having RC ATC come thru on my headset and not computer speakers. as is very difficult to understand.2444

• 1 month later...

Im in ! Well, belatedly.

Was just perusing the FSX Bank Holiday offerings but found nothing to blow my skirt up, then i had a thought.. i've just contributed to something that gives me pleasure on a daily basis.. ;)

:thum:

[Edit: sorry..That sounds a bit unintentionally naughty...would not want to offend anyone's sensibilities]

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks everyone, especially Geoff for starting this post, I am pleased to announce that the target was reached today which was very timely as I have just paid for the hosting and databases for the next two years.

Present status: 

Web hosting and databases until Jul 30th 2016

Domain name paid for until Dec 12th 2015 (That will be our 10 years anniversary!)

Forum support paid up until Nov 13th 2014 (6 monthly renewal)

And so we carry on, thanks everyone you are the best members a forum could have!!

See you in Cosford Oct 4th 2014 

Joe

• Like 1

glad you reached your goal

i had no idea this was up; maybe a donation ticker or distributed pm may help raise awareness

Chris,

See the 'Home' page, right hand side, about half way down.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

Chris,

See the 'Home' page, right hand side, about half way down.

Cheers

Andrew

Thank you Andrew; i see it now

i don't see the panel by default (not using the mobile version); adding a banner to the top slider would probably grabbed my attention at some point

i have a small screen on my laptop (Yoga13), so i turn off the side panel to get more view (when I'm not connected to my large screen)

if you hover over the right corner of the forum frame; it will show up and allow you to switch off the side panel; which i did :(

@Andrew,

I don't think the side panel shows up in some devices like iPhones and iPads?

that was the case; after seeing Andrews comment

i had to turn the panel on manually to see the donation frame :th_blush:

i love MH; by far the nicest place to hangout for us simmers

i happy I'm in position where i can help; and gladly will!

site donation is a standard practice on many respectableforums

no one expect a single person to flip the bill for us all

Hi Patrick. You have been quirt for a bit, How are you doing?

Hi John, I have been quite lately as I  have been licking my wounds after being scammed out off £400 by the infamous FSXGENIUS but I am still here plodding along.

ps does anyone know why since I installed the PMDG SP1 update my camera views on EZDOC are gone to ratshit especially m y external views I have run EZCA configure

Hi Patric,

Have you run the utility to add the update to EZdok. if you don't o that then the views can go a bit weird

Personally I had so much trouble with EZdok I ended up ditching it and going with OpusFX.

hi John I have just read the review on Mutleys.....yours?

can you tell me can II use it in conjunction with Active Sky

If you mean the OpusFX review, then it is not one of mine.

I dont have Active sky as OpusFX has its own built in weather engine, which I have found to be quite good.

J.