Hi all, I thought everyone should see this video from Pete Wright at frooglesim who has posted about caution when seeking addons/PCs for flight simming. It was posted by one of my fellow pilots on our forum over at BAv also, but I thought I would repeat it here.

Adrian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must take issue with this, Matt Hardy aka FX Genius has helped me for some time even coming to my house in London from Leeds last Xmasto help me install a multiple monitorset up and EZ  DOC camera.

Hi M8, having met you and knowing your situ, it sickens me , even more that this shite has done it again, and what is worse  he knows your situ as well which makes it doubly despicable , I would not p

Thanks Rog for the heads up.   Here is a copy of the text from that page for posterity.      Well done to the judge who dismissed pleas for a suspended sentence, I suppose he will still be out in

sadly this sort of thing is virtually an everyday occurence which is becoming more prevalent with internet based companies working out of a garage/backroom. There is no easy solution to it , even Froogles advice of asking around before you send someone your money is not a good solution because the person mentioned in this video no doubt had many satisfied customers before he went off the rails,

.If the customers had paid by credit card they would have had some protection, but in this day and age to send large sums of cash anywhere is just asking for trouble ,

If a company has credit card facilities at least their bank thinks they are trustworthy although this is no guarantee

So really as sad an incident as this is really Froogle should have simply said "wise up guys its a modern world out there and there are lots of crooks about and they are not just in the flight sim world"

be careful what you do with your hard earned dosh

If you watch FSXGenius's vids, he is a knowledgeable guy and seems to have gone off the rails with the pc building thing. He was OK until then and I have watched and learned a lot from his vids. Shame really.

I agree with Adrians69, I too followed Matts video's on ytub and he was a good informer.  It's a shame he seems to have let himself and others down. 

Lets hope it is a temporary glitch and that the people get their money back..

But Froogle must inform us when someone else could effect his reputation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I must take issue with this, Matt Hardy aka FX Genius has helped me for some time even coming to my house in London from Leeds last Xmasto help me install a multiple monitorset up and EZ  DOC camera. He has helped me install many programs and not once has asked me for a penny. He is a good guy who has had his reputation thrashed. Just remember there are 2 sides to every story

• Like 1

Im pretty stunned by this..

Ive watched a couple of FSX Genius' YT videos and he always seemed to be on the level, had some interesting tips and did come over as pretty helpful guy.

If I were one of those customers I would be feeling very uneasy right about now

A great shame indeed. I hope that the outcome is more positive than it looks at present

I must reiterate on this subject we are all grown up adults and we should know that there are two sides to every story. I am not saying that Matt is an angel, but he is not a scam artist either. He is always ready to help me, with no questions asked.

Thanks for posting Patrick, I find it very difficult to believe that Matt is this monster. However, I do believe Froogle when he says he has to out this guy.

Perhaps Matt has a Jekyll & Hyde personality that he cannot control himself?

Regards... Joe

A new influx of cash, me thinks he did something wrong. No comments from him in awhile confirm that, at the least, he has screwed something up and is not man enough to admit it and ask for forgiveness. He was a big help to the FS community and I think that folks would give him the benefit of the doubt. JMO

Gotta say...There are a lot of people out there that have had their fsx experience greatly improved by this guy not only with the paid fixes but also his free advice so however things ended up, im not convinced that was his overall gameplan.

If he refunds the people affected promptly then there may still be hope that the support aspect of his 'business' might remain intact

I like many would like to hear his side, however the longer things continue without a response of any kind, it does nothing to help his case..

I wait with bated breath..

• 2 weeks later...

Money does funny things to people, especially when you're not used to having a lot and then suddenly find a few grand in your account.    Whilst I was never blown away by FSXGenius's YT videos (always seemed to repeat stuff already in the public domain, like basic fsx.cfg tweaks), I agree he certainly didn't come across as a sociopathic monster, as some people would now have you believe.

But he took advance payments on a number of PC builds and used the money to invest in his fledgling business, rather than on supplying the goods that had been ordered.      I believe he had planned to still get the PCs to the customers, but things got out of hand, the money stopped coming in, and before he knew it, he was in deep trouble.      

He's now freely admitted all of this himself, so at least he's now being honest about it all.

Getting caught and being in handcuffs tends to make first time criminals remorseful. Call me cold hearted but he did not do the right thing and deserves to be punished. As a Christian I will forgive him and hope he finds a true path from now on, as a law abiding citizen, I hope justice will be served and the folks that he bilked out of hard earned money get reimbursed.

I am very reluctant to say this, as I have defended Matt all along I had faith in him and naively thought it must be a misunderstanding along the way. Looking back I did not want to believe what I was hearing, but  he has just scammed me out of £400 that I was saving up for a new wheelchair. Being disabled and in a wheelchair, I need lots of help. I got lots of free advice on here but  technically was  not able to put it into practise. Last  week I had a problem and Matt (aka FSX Genius) told me I needed a new graphics card to cope with all my extra add-ons. He told me he would supply and fit a new Nivdia GeForce GTX 780ti graphics card 16 extra mb ram and a liquid cooler all for £400 as he was coming to London anyway. Then suddenly all  communication stooped. Reluctantly as this man is a danger to our community, I am going to report it to the police. But which police force as I as he lives in Leeds, I think. Oh well as they say no fool like an old fool

Money does funny things to people, especially when you're not used to having a lot and then suddenly find a few grand in your account.    Whilst I was never blown away by FSXGenius's YT videos (always seemed to repeat stuff already in the public domain, like basic fsx.cfg tweaks), I agree he certainly didn't come across as a sociopathic monster, as some people would now have you believe.

But he took advance payments on a number of PC builds and used the money to invest in his fledgling business, rather than on supplying the goods that had been ordered.      I believe he had planned to still get the PCs to the customers, but things got out of hand, the money stopped coming in, and before he knew it, he was in deep trouble.      

He's now freely admitted all of this himself, so at least he's now being honest about it all.

where Dean has freely admitted it

Dear Patrick,

I read your account of your latest dealing with FSX Genius with great sorrow, I hope you get some recompense but in reality fear you will not.

If we can help in any way with advice, then you know we are more than willing to help.

Regards,

Joe

Sorry to hear the bad news Patrick, that sucks. I would call the local police first and then inform them of what is going on with other police agencies. At least there will be a record of it.

If you scam people in different states and countries are you then considered an international thief or does this not count for online sales. 

Patrick, I too am very sorry to hear of your plight. I suggest that you might get some redress if you go through the Small Claims Court, look them up online and there is plenty of advice there. Through them solicitors are not necessary but you have to pay a fee to the court which, if you win, the defendant has to pay monies owed and court fees.

First off, if you have his address write him a letter threatening court action, that sometimes does the trick, I've been in your situation a couple of times and won. It's a pain but possibly the only way to get your money back.

I hope you have receipts or paperwork for any transactions.

I'm sure many others here are saddened by this and hope for the best for you.