I am very reluctant to say this, as I have defended Matt all along I had faith in him and naively thought it must be a misunderstanding along the way. Looking back I did not want to believe what I was hearing, but  he has just scammed me out of £400 that I was saving up for a new wheelchair. Being disabled and in a wheelchair, I need lots of help. I got lots of free advice on here but  technically was  not able to put it into practise. Last  week I had a problem and Matt (aka FSX Genius) told me I needed a new graphics card to cope with all my extra add-ons. He told me he would supply and fit a new Nivdia GeForce GTX 780ti graphics card 16 extra mb ram and a liquid cooler all for £400 as he was coming to London anyway. Then suddenly all  communication stooped. Reluctantly as this man is a danger to our community, I am going to report it to the police. But which police force as I as he lives in Leeds, I think. Oh well as they say no fool like an old fool

Hi M8, having met you and knowing your situ, it sickens me , even more that this shite has done it again, and what is worse  he knows your situ as well which makes it doubly despicable , I would not put it past this degenerate to be lurking around dark lanes knocking grannies on their head to steal their pension, utterly despicable.

this see u next tuesday should be visited by someone with a baseball bat because he has no scruples, and sadly he will only receive a tap on the wrist from the cops or courts if indeed it gets that far.

Please report him to the police they will relay the complaint to the authority  up north if you give them the links from froogle.

Please heed my ealier thread and do not send money in the post, most honest traders take credit cards and if you receive nothing you can get your dough back from the card company.

The next time I am in London I will be sure to give you fair notice so that we can spend some time setting things up properly for you FOC.

However i will need to find a better way to get to Dover because the road through New Cross Deptford now is a screaming nightmare, it is worse than downtown Harare. Nothing like what i was used to when I worked near brockwell park on st georges way a few years ago

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must take issue with this, Matt Hardy aka FX Genius has helped me for some time even coming to my house in London from Leeds last Xmasto help me install a multiple monitorset up and EZ  DOC camera.

Hi M8, having met you and knowing your situ, it sickens me , even more that this shite has done it again, and what is worse  he knows your situ as well which makes it doubly despicable , I would not p

Thanks Rog for the heads up.   Here is a copy of the text from that page for posterity.      Well done to the judge who dismissed pleas for a suspended sentence, I suppose he will still be out in

I too am sorry to hear of your plight Patrick and that is the exact reason for my original post. I hope you get your money back also as some have managed to, although not many. Fingers crossed mate!

thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts but just 30 minutes ago after 72 hours of texts, I finally got an apology and an offer to refund the money. No explanation yet, that line of BS to come later. But he has asked me for my bank account number and sort code for a refund.................should I give it to him?

Hi Patrico,

I am pretty sure that giving that information to him would not lead to him drawing from your account.

Unless of course, he has had access to your passwords in the past.

No-one could draw from an account without the requisite password or PIN number.

Don't take my word for it but in the first instance call your bank and ask their advice and keep a keen eye on your account.

All the best for a speedy and happy conclusion to this.

Regards

Brian

Hi Patrick.

I would be very reluctant to give out my bank details to anyone you done absolutely trust. Con men will always find a way to defraud you if they can and some of them are very tooled up to do so.

My advise would be to ask him to send you a Bankers Draft for the sum in the post. A Bankers draft is better than a cheque as it is prepaid by the sender and therefore very unlikely to bounce.

Tread carefully mate!

J.

I would contact my bank and ask their advice after explaining what has happened it is fairly normal to give bank account number and sort code to strangers that want to transfer money to you

Please do not give him your bank information Patrick, I like John's advice, "sent me a money order or bank check". I would still report it to the authorities so they know he took from you, let them see the texts and hope the system works for you. Sending your bank account number to someone that is broke doesn't sound like a good idea.

Be well. :)   

Do you have a PayPal account Patrick? (I think I know the answer to that as you are a regular donator) Ask him to send the payment by PayPal, that will keep him away from your bank account.

Regards, Joe

thanks for all the great advice guys but unfortunately by the time I receive it I had given it to him but not before calling my bank and verifying that their was no danger to my account. I still changed all the  log in details including password. obviously I got no refund and no replies to my pleading text's for information. I was prepared to give him the benefit of doubt but no more. He is a conman and a compulsive liar and I will now make a police complaint

Good luck Patrick.  I hope it works out well.

Did you originally pay by credit card?  If so you may have recourse through them.

If you buy goods or services on your credit or debit card, you have extra protection if things go wrong compared with paying by cash or cheque.

You can make a claim against your card provider under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

J.

I'm relieved that you will have a record of the transaction, if you'd paid cash it would be difficult to prove anything.

We're hoping for a good outcome here Patrick.

• 6 months later...

It's a sad and sorry tale for all involved , especially as one of our own here on the forum was ripped off by this :censored: I hope those who were scammed feel that at least justice has been done. Whether they get their money back remains to be seen.

Thanks for the link Roger.

Thanks Rog for the heads up.

Here is a copy of the text from that page for posterity. 

Computer flight simulator fraudster jailed for 12 months

A fraudster whose victims included the Thirsk-based Yorkshire Gliding Club has been jailed for 12 months after he pocketed more than £17,000 and failed to deliver computer flight simulation equipment to customers in this country and abroad.

Bradford Crown Court was told yesterday that 38-year-old Mytholmroyd man Matthew Hardy had been a highly-respected member of the flight simulation community, but over a 14-month period he failed to supply expensive custom-built computer equipment to customers as far afield as Australia, the United States of America and Norway.

Prosecutor Heather Gilmore said Hardy, of Calder Terrace, operated under the name of FSX Genius and advertised flight simulation equipment on his Facebook page and via sites such as Gumtree.

Hardy, a former train driver who had no previous convictions, pleaded guilty to eight charges of fraud at a previous hearing and today/yesterday he asked for a further 12 similar offences to be taken into consideration.

When customers contacted Hardy about their missing equipment he made numerous excuses and even pretended to be working for a bogus courier firm in order to put them off.

Following his arrest last year Hardy revealed that he had in fact been using the money transferred to him by customers to pay off his own debts.

Among Hardy’s 20 victims was the Yorkshire Gliding Club who contacted him for assistance in upgrading their flight simulator.

Mrs Gilmore said Hardy visited the club and on his advice they decided to pay about £2000 for a custom-built system.

Mrs Gilmore said numerous arrangements were made for the delivery of the equipment, but it was never delivered and the money was never refunded.

She told Recorder David Ake that the fraud had been sophisticated involving the use of a fake email account and Hardy pretending to be working for the fake courier company.

The court heard that Hardy had received payments of over £17,000 as a result of the frauds.

Lawyer Michael Devlin, for Hardy, said his life had been devastated after his wife left him and moved to France with his children.

Mr Devlin said Hardy suffered a nervous breakdown and lost his job as a train driver.

Recorder Ake was told that because of the pressures on him Hardy had started to use the money to pay off debts and things spiralled out of control.

Mr Devlin said his client had expressed remorse and hoped to regain his employment as a train driver to help to pay back his victims.

The judge was urged to consider suspending any prison sentence, but he said he would be failing in his public duty if he did not impose an immediate jail term.

“You advertised these flight simulator computer programmes and customers were attracted to those advertisements,” Recorder Ake told Hardy.

“You did not deliver yet you had taken the money.

“There were thus a large number of victims and a high value of money which you inappropriately obtained.”

Hardy will face another court hearing in May when he could be ordered to repay some of his victims under the Proceeds of Crime Act legislation.

Well done to the judge who dismissed pleas for a suspended sentence, I suppose he will still be out in 6 months.

Let's hope the hearing in May results in return of payments.

• Like 1