Leg 53 - Male Intl to Seychells Intl.

My head hurts, and the room is spinning. That's how I felt waking up for my flight. It wasn't a hangover either. That I was sure of. Following on from our 'interesting' arrival into Male, Joe and I tried to relax with a quiet meal, discussing Brian's ever increasing expenses bill. (Four bottles of duty free whiskey in first class on the way home was pushing it.) We enjoyed our meal and although we shared a bottle of wine, neither one of us was feeling that tipsy as we headed to our hotel rooms. So i couldn't understand why I felt so ill. I ordered a pot of coffee from room service and I dragged myself to the shower in an effort to wake up and clear my head. twenty minutes later and three cups of coffee, the room began to stabilise and I could finally see the clock. I was late. The clock showed it to be ten past two in the afternoon. I had planned to out of here that morning. There was worse to come though. Flicking on the TV, I realise I've lost two days. It's not 2.10 on monday, it's 2.10 on Wednesday. I ring Joe to see if he knows what's happened. No answer. Frantically, I throw on my blacks and head to Joe's room. It's not what I expected. He's gone. The room is pristine, and the maid I meet tells me Joe checked out yesterday. Once again my head is spinning and I head back to my room to grab my mobile. Fortunately, I ring Joe and he picks up. It's now pretty clear that our mysterious stalker drugged me. The baton was hidden well though, and a quick check with Joe let's me know he looked in n it before he left. 

I finish up with Joe and begin to think things threw. The aircraft I'd arranged was probably gone and I've no idea what my next move is. I call room service and order some food, as two days without it is starting to show. Whist I wait, I call some friends at Lufthansa to see if I could 'Borrow' an aircraft for the next leg. They agree, but their not sure what it'll be. It depends what's available, and I won't know what that is until I reach the airport tomorrow. For now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can fly anything. As lunch arrives, I play the last events I have in my head over again. I left Joe and headed up to my room. I did decided on a nightcap of a hot chocolate though. I look around and I can't find the cup anywhere. Someone's been in the room whist I was out like a light. No doubt looking for the baton. Tough luck they had though. 

After lunch, I pull out my little black book and make a few calls. It's good to have friends is low places. Then, there's nothing to do but wait. Tomorrow will be telling. 

At 4 in the morning, my phone goes. It's Lufthansa. My aircraft has arrived and is waiting at the airport. I'm not wasting time. I text my friends and head for the airport. The early morning weather isn't good. Heavy rain is falling and visibility is low. It's not as bad as it sounds. I'm hoping to slip away with ease. I retrieve the baton from the Airport Cafe's large freezer. Joe and I hid it inside the belly of a large fish, inside the freezer hoping it wouldn't be found. It seems to have worked. Baton in hand I walk out to find I'm about to feel as the baton did, Inside the belly of a big fish, or more correctly, a whale. Lufthansa have left me an Airbus A380 for the flight to Seychells. It's great. It's massive size means that radar from here to Delhi will be able to track me.

fsx2014-05-2616-48-26-54_zpsc32e1455.jpg

I get the big Whale preflighted quickly, and from the flight deck, I spot a shadowy figure on the ramp. No doubt our 'spy' has followed me here. I don't care though. A text comes through to me from my friends to let me know all is set. I'm to be the only aircraft in the sky today. Airspace is closed to everyone within missile range and anyone found in the air will find themselves blown out of it by a few UAV drones that will shadow my flight. Also the USS Enterprise has taken a detour from her active duties and will be sitting in the Indian ocean, just to keep an eye on things. I wave at the figure in the shadows as I begin my taxi out. He or she's not going anywhere today. 

fsx2014-05-2616-58-20-49_zpsdf682d2f.jpg

The rain is getting worse and the odd clap of thunder rumbles through. This is going to be a fun take off for the Whale. I've not had time to worry about take off distances, so I'm really trusting Lufthansa and Rolls Royce as I Firewall the Throttles. 

fsx2014-05-2617-03-18-25_zpsb49c72a1.jpg 

The Whale Moves and we slowly gain traction, and it seems like an eternity until we hit 100kts. The speed builds at a steady pace and with just a 1/3 of the runway left, the whale lifts off into the rain.

fsx2014-05-2617-04-40-23_zps649b0a24.jpg

It isn't long until the weather closes in on us and just like that, we've disappeared into thin air. 

fsx2014-05-2617-09-17-57_zpsf3d5e5ba.jpg

In the thick of it, the weather is bad. The whale is getting tossed around by the winds. outside there's nothing to see but grey.

fsx2014-05-2617-09-49-50_zps86f1ce6d.jpg

After a while though, and many, many miles from Male, we break though the clouds and out into a beautiful open sky. 

fsx2014-05-2617-23-40-47_zps91250364.jpg

From here. things get quiet, and with George and the US navy watching my back, I slip into the galley for a coffee and a bite to eat. Every 15 minutes I get a text message letting me know the situation. The flight is reassuringly routine and even the bad weather as we approach the Seychelles doesn't dampen my spirit. Unlike our surprising arrival into Male, I've checked in ahead and confirmed there aren't any sharks with frickin' laser beams waiting. 

fsx2014-05-2618-38-53-68_zps4a3e3a6d.jpg

We get an approach to runway 31 which thank god has an ILS. The weather here is as bad as Male and I wouldn't like to make a visual approach in this. As we descend the cloud again envelopes us like a blanket. 

fsx2014-05-2618-49-18-91_zpsceae1a49.jpg

Onto final and we don't break through the clouds until just 1500 ft and I catch sight of the airport. It's going to be an 'Autobrakes Max' kind of a day by the looks of it. I line up and cross my fingers. 

fsx2014-05-2619-01-06-80_zpse468a970.jpg

The wind is causing me issues and holding the centre line is difficult. As the wheels touch down, we begin to drift a little off course.

fsx2014-05-2619-01-22-77_zps93730c95.jpg

fsx2014-05-2619-02-28-70_zps06b059c8.jpg

Finally though, she tracks back to centre and slows to taxi speed. We stopped in plenty of time. It's easy to forget how good the A380 is given its size. Parking up, I shut down and meet up with Nigel. I brief him on our 'little friend' and warn him to stay vigilant. For now though I can relax. Well until I have get this A380 out of here. hmmmmmm..

fsx2014-05-2619-04-48-83_zpse648514d.jpg

We'll done Jess, you did a great job.

I'm not sure how they drugged you I think it was the rib eye you had as I had fish, the Swedish chef did look a little dodgy!

The hiding the baton plan worked well, let's just hope we are free of the Allensworth crew now...?

Great PIREP Jess, some great shots in there. :thum:  

You certainly have powers that I don't have. Went to take a flight around that area today and was told NO FLYING TODAY! period. :( Oh well, there's always tomorrow, it was a crappy day today anyway. Think I'll wait in the bar........

Great Pirep Jess, and while others may disagree I really like the look of the A380... where did you get it??

Good thing you took precautions and made sure there where no sharks with frickin' laser beams around at your destination.. although considering you landed on land I'd say it was Ferrets with frickin' laser beams you should have worried about ;)

I'm not sure how they drugged you I think it was the rib eye you had as I had fish, the Swedish chef did look a little dodgy!

Come now boss, us swedes are a peace loving and honest gang, there's no way we would interfere with the travel of the baton.... I assure you... really.. I do....  :whis:   (My precious... it's mine... mine!!!!)

Oh yes... 

One of the best chefs around ;)

Only uses fresh ingredients too, as the photo clearly shows. I mean, have you ever seen poultry that happy before being cocked  ;)

Thanks guys,

Mickie, the A380 is by Wilco. I would NOT recommend it! I had it to review many years ago, and I'd forgotten how bad it was. That's why all the shots are from the outside!