FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

From Orbx..

Another piece of the puzzle!

We begin our FTX Global openLC series with Europe, covering an area over 10,000,000 sq. km with FTX Global custom textures and new textures unique to openLC. Taking over 2 years of R&D and data development, FTXG openLC as the name suggests, replaces the default landclass layer with higher detailed and a better variety of land types. This in turn creates a more varied and accurate terrain with FSX or P3D. It has been specifically designed to work with both FTX Global BASE and FTX Global Vector as part of the total simulator overhaul. With FTX Global,and openLC Europe you now have a whole new continent to explore. Start putting the pieces together now!

• Hand crafted landclass for 10 million sq km
  • Thousands of superb new textures
  • Greatly reduced texture repetition!
  • Full five seasons support
  • New 3D night lighting
  • Made for FTX Global and VECTOR
  • Four separate installers for convenience
  • Each geographic area feels unique
  • Stunning Mt Vesuvius photoreal
  • The first of seven Orbx "mega regions"
  • A whole new Europe to explore!

http://www.flightsim...roducts_id=2973

I take it this requires FTX Global and vector does it?

I could envisage a wider Orbx Europe to complement my photoreal UK, but find the thought of having to fight my way through millions of compatibility problems again because Orbx don't like you using anything other than their products a little dispiriting :(

Can anyone here who has global and vector together with UK photoreal etc give any re-assurance as to whether my aforementioned envisaged compatibility problems are a real and present danger or just a figment of my confused and prejudiced mind please? :P

Cheers K

>> I take it this requires FTX Global and vector does it? <<

Hi Kevin,

This is a product for FTX Global so that is required, Vectors is not required for this to work but recommended for the complete FTX Global experience.

Cheers,

Joe

kevin like me you are a photoscenery person , ftx global doesnt float my boat sadly, and if you look at some of their advertising photos they are just so wrong. But the old adage "different strokes for different folks" is very true

Kevin..

FTX Global doesn't mess with anything photoscenery related as far as I've seen.

I've got Photoscenery for Stockholm and MSE North Carolina installed and they work just fine along side FTX Global.

EDIT: It will however completely replace any installed region of GEX or FSscene.

From the screenshots I've seen, Orbx OpenLC looks very good indeed, and a vast improvement on default ( not difficult, I know ). I'm still undecided about whether I want it though, as I'm not that bothered about flying round Europe. When they bring out openLC for the USA and whichever region Papua New Guinea falls under, I shall be first in the queue to buy them.  :)

I'm a dyed in the wool ORBX fan and Global transformed my flying.  It even improved my fps.

I do think that it does depend on the type of simming that you enjoy most.   For a high alt VA tube flyer maybe not so life-changing.  As a Bush-type or Chopper-jock it's bordering on orgasmic.

I thought I'd hang off Euro LC just for a couple of days till the Harrods "Sale" rush was over and also to hear what changes there were to fps.... if any.

R.

I have been flight simming since the early years and have always loved low and slow bush flying.

This is where ORBX has come into their own. No big effect on frame rates and scenery you can get "down" into and enjoy.

Couple it with REX and real time weather and a 20 minute A to B hop can turn into a nail biter...... Love it!