Earth Simulations - PhotoGenESis & AutoGenESis NW Scotland

banner.jpg 

Just Published is David Williams' review of two Earth Simulations products designed to work seamlessly together -

PhotoGenESis 30cm Vol 6-1 North West Scotland and AutoGenESis 3D Vol 6-1 North West Scotland.

See how these two products perform Read on...
  • Like 1

I have been particularly impressed by the night lighting, the ground light splashes are graduated and diffused so naturally I am in awe of them every time I fly :)

This product combines an unprecedented level of real photographic detail, with impressive and immersive 3D surroundings, giving us scenery detail that has hitherto only been available over large areas with landclass type products but is now combined with accurate visual detail :)

One thing you didnt comment on Dai was the updated range of living world ai ground vehicle models, which are fully updated to British type vehicles... no seeing US style 'semi' type trucks on the wee roads of scotland for us :P.

Really, the level of work that has gone into this is verging on artistry, only the near seamless elegance of the product means that the end user probably won't ever understand how much....

It is a shame that one or two anomalies (like Eilean Donan castle) have not been sorted out, but I understand that trying to do everything would have been a monumental task. It would be nice to see a few talented freeware designers attending to these "anomalies" as each volume is released, and also creating 3D models of other major landmarks (like cathedrals and bridges).

Nicely done Dai, really shows off the quality of this product when you use videos and I now have a better understanding of what is involved by going in this scenery direction after reading this review. :hat:

I wouldn't mind flying around in it but I would have to make a major upgrade from my laptop. :(   

Nice review Dai, I like your videos, very entertaining.

I'm still not keen on the stripey landscape though.

I know Darren and Vikki, can't do much with it as it's down to the actual photography, but it really puts me off.

Having said that, apart from the glaringly obvious error of Eilean Donan Castle, ES have done a great job yet again.

A big area to cover for a review and you covered it mate.

Cheers

You know me, Bro' - I'm a "warts 'n' all" kind of reviewer. I had to include some of the negatives otherwise it would be a whitewash, eh?

But it's going to be an uphill struggle to convert the landclass sector...

And thanks for your support!

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

• Like 1