This one snuck under my radar a bit, so forgive me if you all know know about it.

Version 1.18.5 of EZDOK was released in Beta last boxing day.  what is new?  This:-

• Support of all versions of a simulator of FSX-Boxed, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D V2.4 (V1 is not supported).
  • WorldCamera works in all versions. 
  • The mechanism of operation of WorldCamera has changed.
  • Re positioned EZdok cameras in the simulator menu.  Now there is no need to launch the configuration utility every time after installation of a new airplane.
  • The configuration utility has changed. It is a version 2.0. Actually starting with the version 1.18 we do a connection to the version 2.0 interface. Version 2.0 is in the works and will likely be a small upgrade for existing users. But you can use some version 2.0 interface features now.
  • If WorldCamera doesn't work for you, we created a service utility to search variables in the simulator. This may allow your WorldCamera to work. The utility works for FSX, FSX-SE, and Prepar3D V.2 (no support for P3D V.1.
  • Remade EZCA starting algorythms.
  • Processing of a mouse and the keypad in external DLL also happen now by means of DirectInput.
  • Many system mistakes the  found in 1.18.0 version is are eliminated.

I was using 1.17 which wasn't going well as since the install I had issues with scenery floating in the air.  1.18.5 stopped all of that and seems to work well for me. It seems much more stable, probably as much of the configuration sotred for you.

Get it here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

I bought EZDOC maybe a year or more ago. Took one look at the manual and never went any further. I was looking for something to make getting around the cockpit in the PMDG 737 a bit easier.

Maybe I should revisit it.

Definitely - easy when you know how. YouTube has some great tutorials. I followed one of those and now its a breeze.

I have been looking at this, I want to be able to 'look' around the cockpit with the ability to zoom in and out, I saw a video and the guy said you have to remove the hat key and use the mouse instead, is this correct? Maybe there is another way to look closely at something aside from the standard zoom in/out keys.

Wayne

I have been looking at this, I want to be able to 'look' around the cockpit with the ability to zoom in and out, I saw a video and the guy said you have to remove the hat key and use the mouse instead, is this correct? Maybe there is another way to look closely at something aside from the standard zoom in/out keys.

Wayne

I have the POV working through FSUIPC but it is not ideal as it is sometimes a bit jerky.  Using the mouse is very smooth but also not ideal as I haven't three arms.

Anyone know if you can use a pov to emulate a mouse? 

Yesterday I got the Realair Duke V2 and found that a left click on a dial zooms you in to that area, right click puts you back in VC view, that is really what I am looking for and then looking around using the hat switch.......I may look at Track IR but not sure, however that can be used with some driving sims I believe..

Wayne

• 4 months later...

Hello People,

My name is Marek and i am actually a cardiac surgeon with a high passion for flying - I was trying to upgrade to the new version of EZDOK and since than i f... up my whole settings and cant get them fixed again. PLease can anybody be so kind and get to my computer through teamviewer and help me settle things straight again. I am more than happy to compensate that person financially.  e.g. i cant get my wing view back.

Besdt regards

Marek LOWW

Hi Marek, welcome to Mutley's Hangar. :hat:

Please take this in the good humor offered but this is proof positive to all the thousands of frustrated EZDOC users that cardiac surgery is easier than figuring out this program. :P 

I do not have EZDOC installed but many of our members do and I am sure they will chime in to help you out for free. Until they pop in, have you looked at this video which has a rather good explanation of settings in EZDOC.

Best of good luck to you. :)

Hello People,

My name is Marek and i am actually a cardiac surgeon with a high passion for flying - I was trying to upgrade to the new version of EZDOK and since than i f... up my whole settings and cant get them fixed again. PLease can anybody be so kind and get to my computer through teamviewer and help me settle things straight again. I am more than happy to compensate that person financially.  e.g. i cant get my wing view back.

Besdt regards

Marek LOWW

Is your troublesome view showing in the EZdok configuration Screen? Have you refreshed it?  The latest version says you don't have to do this, but I find I still have to.

I find that the best way to set up EZDok is to set up a single aircraft with the views you want and then export them as individual views, NOT as a camera set,  This way you can load and adjust a specific view for any aircraft,

I'm running the latest version of EzDok and had no issues what so ever getting it up and running. I think I retained the views I had in the previous version, but I'm not sure about that as it was a couple of months since I upgraded.

As John said, make sure that the view you are trying to access is visible in the EZdoc window and if it isn't try to create a new view.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I have recently posted some additional EZCA information which might perhaps be helpful, here:

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/17235-ezdok/#entry138556

And here:

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/17235-ezdok/#entry138661

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747