PMDG NGX SP1d for FSX/FSX:SE and P3D released...

From the PMDG Forum.

Captains-

A short time ago we made available all of the updates we have pending for the PMDG 737NGX product lines.

PMDG 737NGX for FSX and FSX-SE:

This version is 1.10.6436 and we otherwise call it SP1d.

This is a VERY big update for the NGX series of products, which turn 4 years old in just a couple of months, and we are confident that it will breathe new energy into this, one of our favorite products!

There are so many changes that had to be made in order to make this product compatible with both FSX and FSX-SE at the same time that we had to toss out the previous installer and give you an entire new one.  This new installer, like it's big brother from the 777 will allow you to install the NGX into either FSX, FSX-SE or BOTH at the same time.  It is entirely up to you!

There is no "patch" installer for this update, as the update is too comprehensive and covers too many changes.  Unfortunately this does servce as a bit of a knee-knocker for our customers on DVD and who have downloaded via Aerosoft- but we anticipate that by next week we will have the final details ironed out with Aerosoft to get you all taken care of. Give us just a bit more patience and we will publish the information you need to update your DVD or Aerosoft download version.

For those customers who purchased directly from PMDG, simply log into your PMDG eCommerce account and download the NGX.

PMDG 737NGX for Prepar3D:

Ah... at LAST....

Thank you to all of our Prepar3D customers for waiting so long for this release.  We know you guys have been waiting (literally!) for years- and it is nice to finally deliver what we promised back in 2012.

This release is compatible with P3D v2.2-v2.5.

For those wondering, we intend to continue making it compatible as further versions of P3D roll out.  Our hope is that somewhere in v3.x we will see an x64 version and then we can convert this one over for you.

Some folks have expressed concern about whether they should grab this version or "wait until an x64 version is available."  If you are concerned, please don't be.  Our current expectation is that you will get an optional x64 at some point during the P3D v3.x development cycle.  If they roll x64 to v4.x... then we will roll right along with them.

As we did with the PMDG 777 Series, we are offering temporary price matching to the FSX product line for a month- then the price will increase- so if you are thinking of getting Prepar3D someplace down the road, now is probably the time to do it because the price will go up on 06APR15.

For Everyone:

Take some time to go into the Operations Center and look around at the liveries section.  We added a little gift to the NGX as a thank you for all of your support during the past 17 years that we have been making expansions for various flight simulators.

You will know what it is when you see it...   Something a bit different than your average passenger carrying 737...

And as an added note.. If you want to use FS2Crew with your PMDG NGX wait for an update for FS2Crew prior to installing the new version of the NGX, as the current version of FS2Crew does not work with SP1d....

Have to say I havent flown my NGX for nearly 2years having had my daughter and moved over to P3D exclusively. I was quite disappointed this morning when I excitedly fired her up (in default scenery only) and only got 15fps in the VC :S

I dont ever remember it being that bad even with heavy airport sceneries in FSX? :S

What are other people finding please? K

It's a resource hog for sure, and the measured FPS tends to be lower compared with other planes at the same airport..

That said I've rarely experienced a situation where I've experienced any stutters or erratic movement while using the NGX. The only time I've had real issues with stutters in the NGX was at EHAM if I recall correctly. But then, the Aerosoft version of EHAM is a resource hog as it is, almost any plane I try there will bring FSX to it's knees on my system.  

well i downloaded what i thought was the upgrade from my account , i chose repair, 10 seconds later it had finished and i see no changes at all all files are still dated last year, so the installer doesnt work for me.

did a full uninstall and re-install and it appears that all is ok now

No performance issues here Kevin in fact it appears smoother than before i am getting low 30's at perpignan which i am firly sure is better than before.

I need a hardware upgrade then... :P

As do I it appears.. 

But considering my FSX computer is closing in on 5 years now it's really no surprise ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a hefty tax refund in early June. If it's the same amount as last year it should cover a new computer without problems (if I can convince my dear wife it's a good idea  :whis: )

I never had a problem with framerates in the NGX when using FSX, so hopefully that will be the case in P3D. I will certainly let you know, Kevin. I intend to purchase the base package and the 600/700 expansion when I get home from work.

For those wondering, we intend to continue making it compatible as further versions of P3D roll out.  Our hope is that somewhere in v3.x we will see an x64 version and then we can convert this one over for you.

Some folks have expressed concern about whether they should grab this version or "wait until an x64 version is available."  If you are concerned, please don't be.  Our current expectation is that you will get an optional x64 at some point during the P3D v3.x development cycle.  If they roll x64 to v4.x... then we will roll right along with them.

Their thoughts about P3D devellopment is "interesting" and far from what the main man believes (hopes)

Kevin,

Where were you experiencing low framerates? Was this in very dense scenery with lots of autogen, or just on a general level? I have just set up the NGX for my test flights, and a quick "launch" from my test airfield (EGUO RAF Colerne) indicated very smooth framerates in that area. It is not a particularly dense scenery area (VFR GenX photoscenery, ES Treescapes, UK2000 VFR Airfields at maximum detail levels), but I didn't notice any stutters or glitches during the short test. I will take it to a dense scenery area with lots of AI planes, and see how it behaves.

i flew the ngx for a few hours last night between a couple of dense airports as well as carrying out missed approaches at dreamworks perpignan i am getting on average double the frame rates that i used to get, it now runs very smoothly indeed. There is no doubt that pmdg have learnt a lot from getting the T7 to work.

Kevin if you didnt do a uninstall new install (as per their sticky) i would advise that you do.

Chris, i look forward to seeing how you get on with it in P3D

My first flight was in a near virgin 2.5 install at default Jersey. I am happy to say I later seemed to get up to the mid twenties in places but only by turning down most of my average settings to way less than average, which left a lot to be desired in terms of external scenery :( I need hardware chaps, so any tips to get significant spending past the wife would be gratefully accepted :P K

Kevin

Not sure whether this post should have been in within the jokes category? Let us know how the negotiations go!

My tip for P3D – turn off the frame counter and then assess how your system is performing visually. I use a modest laptop computer and I'm seeing fluid movement and good detail most of the time even when the frame counter is quite low.

Cheers Dean

Gulp :whis: I pulled the trigger on a 980 that I saw for a steal (scan.co.uk: 4GB Palit GTX 980 Super JetStream, PCIe 3.0, 7200MHz, 1203MHz, Boost 1304MHz, Cores 2048, 1 x DVI, 3 x mDP, 1 x mHDMI @£431 inc VAT)

I was going to go for a 970 but what with all the hoo-hah about its VRAM etc I wanted to future proof for a 4k TV in a year or so...

It's a collect from site job to save postage and might even mean I don't have to cough.. :P

I now have a  ATi Radeon 7950 o/c edition 3Gb VRAM going spare which has served me pretty well for a few years, if anyone wants t make me an offer to offset a few £'s from the 980??  :mellow:

Cheers K

Good heavens, you've spent more than I have this month, Kevin. I had to fork out £200 for a new Logitech G27 wheel for my race simulation (Assetto Corsa) after my old G25 failed (it was four or five years old, so I got plenty of use out of it), and then £64 for the P3D version of the NGX. Hopefully, I will not have to spend any more money for a while.

• Like 1

Good heavens, you've spent more than I have this month, Kevin.

Yes it was a rather hefty outlay, and hailing from Yorkshire originally I'm sure I don't have to tell you how it felt to actually have to spend even a penny of that... :P

I am anticipating the 64bit P3D a little sooner than everyone else though I think, (due to what I think was a sly hint or a slip in a thread on AVSIM by Rob Ainscough, a little pointer in the P3D NGX documentation and a tip from a friend), so I wanted to position myself ready for that.

I thought I'd get in the GPU upgrade now which will help more than anything else on its own, and I can put away for a 5xxx series CPU together with the DDR4 RAM and Mobo that it will need.  That will all be significantly more expensive than a GPU, but provide relatively little bang for the pound in comparison.  If I did it the other way round I'd see no improvement now, and just be buying PC components one by one to build a system piecemeal, which would then only be GPU limited anyway :P

At least this way I get to have some cake now, and eat it later when I can port the 980 into a new system build.

Cheers K

I have just tested the NGX at Scotflight EGPD Aberdeen (the new v3.1 upgrade for P3Dv2), and the framerate was flawless. This was with maybe 15 UT2 AI planes at the airport. Now to test it at UK2000 EGAA Belfast Aldergrove with ORBx FTX Northern Ireland (and autogen and scenery complexity at maximum)....

Some good news from FS2Crew.

If you do a complete uninstall/reinstall of both the NGX and your FS2Crew-products for the NGX it will work despite early reports of issues. 

FS2Crew will give you an error message that SP1c is missning when you activate it, but that message can be disregarded.

I think I know what I will be doing tonight ;)