ORBX HD Tree's

Guys its a tree texture enhancement pack, it seems its more optimised than those they've shipped before but Id be sceptical its a game changer...beware glitzy marketing, performance benefits could vary depending on individual setups and addons used.. K

And I will listen to what you and others will say about performance.

I like trees... A lot. I like walking in the forest and find as many different species as possible, but this is a flight sim and trees are not top priority although I must admit that they look very good.

I hope that it will discussed here. I dont have the time to read the orbx forums. To many posts saying that everything is fantastic. :D

It has been stated by the developer that it actually improves FPS.

Now, that makes it a lot more interesting. lets see how it works in reality.

Ohhh, tree hugging what a great thing. When I walk in a forest with trees that are hundreds of years old some +500, I feel the deepest respect. After a good hug, nothing is better than just sit down underneath the tree and play it a couple of tunes on the fiddle and let the dogs fool around.  

sadly it wont work with photoscenery but hey how many 3d  trees can you see when flying at 1000 feet?

I can even see the bird's nesting in the trees @900'.. :) :)

sadly it wont work with photoscenery but hey how many 3d  trees can you see when flying at 1000 feet?

Actually, I have a suspicion that my ES TreeScapes trees in England and Wales have been replaced with the original ORBx tree textures. If that's the case, then maybe installation of the HD Trees will do the same again?

I can even see the bird's nesting in the trees @900'.. :) :)

now thats flying low!!