PC Pilot Dash8 Tutorial

Have any of you followed any of these tutorial?

Are they good?

Is the Dash good except not useable in AH..

These are every 2 months so I think I could slot it in whilst learning to "fly the bus"(see other thread)....

Also remember a DVD at Cosford..what was that for in regards to the Dash...

Thanks

Wayne

I think the Dash 8 is a fun aircraft to fly and the cockpit is a real beaut, a little more hands on as you must manually control the throttles. I bought the Aircraft2Sim videos to help me learn the Dash and they were very well done and informative.

I only fly the Aerosoft Beaver in AH and have a fleet for the AI's as well. I keep my flights to 100nm in distance for short flights.

Oh my! I don't have any of the DVDs or tutorials you refer to as I accidentally ditched them. :help:

However, I agree with Brett that the Busses are more automated and easier to fly but the Dash 8 is probably one of the more popular regional airliners and probably more difficult  to master, so consider them as the next step up!

Cheers,

Joe 

Hi Wayne!

I don't know how long your planned learning curve is, but given the glacial pace of PC Pilot tutorial topic releases (one every two months, with an awful lot of screenshots padding out the text) then if you were relying on them it might take you quite a while!    ;)

(I gave up my PC Pilot subscription a few years ago because I lost patience with them over that, and for other reasons).

I tried a quick search of YouTube, and there seems to be a shedload of Dash 8 tutorials there, including some by Froogle (for his series of five vids, check out https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_xDmvmUFDEjAyzamHQaoM7hXrJudErUX or search for FULLY LOADED FSX MAJESTIC DASH 8).

In the (admittedly unlikely, given my obsession with the 744    :P  ) event of my wanting to learn the Dash 8 I think YouTube is the way I would go....  assuming, of course, that I had read the manuals first so that I knew what I was looking at.    :)

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Thanks Guys. This is one for the future I am enjoying learning the 320 at the moment as well as being busy testing test.

@Brett is the Beaver in P3D?

@Joe plan on the Dash once the bus is mastered.

@Brian I will check out the froogle vids...I do subscribe to his channel. But like you say you still need to read the book first. Never bothered with PCPilot tuts as I was never interested in tubes until quite recently.I get it every times its out so I will keep an eye on how far we get in the next issue.

Wayne

There are also the Airline2Sim tutorial vids, priced about £10-12 I think? They are IMHO better than just youtube vids as a) they are professionally authored; and b) teach you using a genuine type rated line pilot doing the flying. I think theyre really good. K