Leg 61 - Sebha (HLLS) - Mitiga (HLLM)

The flight out of Iferouane was interesting, to say the least. With no scheduled flights and the An-32 gone back to the lessor, a quick search revealed nothing. At all. Getting to Sebha was going to be difficult

Would you trust this pilot? I had to to meet the deadline

a.jpg

And the stewardess wasn't much better. Although, she did look familiar.....

1415196913.jpg

"Sharon?" I ventured

Turns out that Sharon wasn't too pleased about the lack of her in the challenge, and the rise of Jasmine in John's stories. So she fled to Africa and did odd jobs there. It was only then that I realised that I was actually tied into seat. Looks like some negotiation was required before I was allowed off the aircraft in Sebha.

By the time I could see Matt and my ride out, Sharon had eventually released me, but followed me all the way. Looks like she's with me for the trip to Mitiga and homeward to Southampton. Having thanked Matt for the baton, we hurried over to the waiting aircraft, although Sharon nicked the baton out of the bag. "Just to make sure you take me!"

-2016-feb-28-002.jpg

My Embraer ERJ-170 hired from Egyptair Express was waiting for me in the heat

When I entered the cockpit, everything was blank and a note was left on the captain's seat. "Enjoy"

-2016-feb-28-003.jpg

Luckily a few minutes of reading the manual, and allowing the IRS to set up, engine 1 was powered up

-2016-feb-28-006.jpg

Pushback left us right on the edge of the apron

-2016-feb-28-007.jpg

Heading out to the active runway

-2016-feb-28-008.jpg

Having got permission for departure and take-off, we proceed onto 31 for immediate departure

-2016-feb-28-011.jpg

"Ready?" I shout back to Sharon. The reply isn't printable but along the lines of "yes"

-2016-feb-28-012.jpg

Lift off

-2016-feb-28-013.jpg

A very postive climb out due to the light load. Gear is quickly tucked in

-2016-feb-28-016.jpg

Heading ever upwards

-2016-feb-28-018.jpg

A sneaky remote control shot of Sharon

-2016-feb-28-020.jpg

Heading upwards to our cruising altitude of 30,000ft

-2016-feb-28-022.jpg

Cruising along and Sharon relaxes a bit and starts to talk more about Africa. I won't bore you

-2016-feb-28-027.jpg

Halfway there. (Living on a Prayer?)

-2016-feb-28-031.jpg

Heading down

-2016-feb-28-037.jpg

Very low now, but still away from the airport and a bit fast

-2016-feb-28-042.jpg

Gear down

-2016-feb-28-050.jpg

And go around. Was waay too fast and high

-2016-feb-28-054.jpg

Sharon wasn't too happy about the rather steep turn around

-2016-feb-28-055.jpg

Heading around at about 170kts to keep in more control

-2016-feb-28-058.jpg

The airport's ahead, but to the left. This time though it'll be a full manual approach far earlier than last time

-2016-feb-28-064.jpg

Moments from touchdown with a 737-800 waiting for departure

-2016-feb-28-066.jpg

Heading off the runway...

-2016-feb-28-069.jpg

...across another one....

-2016-feb-28-071.jpg

...and parked up on stand

-2016-feb-28-074.jpg

Over to you John. I wouldn't bring Jasmine with you.....

Aircraft used: Wilco / feelThere E-Jets V1

Bonus marks for the artist and song the first two shots are from. Will be revealed in a few days time.....

Congrats on leading the pilot board and on another flight well done. :clapping:

On the other hand I can't believe you didn't lay down your life to take the baton out of Sharon's rather greasy looking hands. :P

Oh my, what's happened to Sharon!!! Last time I saw her she was as happy as a bunny setting up a climbers retreat with my old pal Al.... I almost thought they had a thing going!!!

Great flight and shots mate, and thanks for your big contribution to the ATWC!!

As for the song/artist I wont say more than  **cough, cough** remember to alter the filename mate **cough, cough**  ;)

Although as it was coming from you I would have guessed a different band if I hadn't seen that clue ;)

Terrific start getting the baton and a greasy female zombie off to a fast start.

Based on the projected "Final Flight"...a fast bunch of legs will be necc to get the baton to the 70th and final leg on time....great start!

Hope you fly the coop soon J.G.

And now I see why Joe wasn't too miffed about the 146 charter out of Jamaica...seems the ATWC has deep lease pockets available.

And silly me taking a couple under 7000 lb MTOW legs...I won't get to rent anything terribly expensive this time...maybe. :)

Terrific start getting the baton and a greasy female zombie off to a fast start.

Based on the projected "Final Flight"...a fast bunch of legs will be necc to get the baton to the 70th and final leg on time....great start!

Hope you fly the coop soon J.G.

And now I see why Joe wasn't too miffed about the 146 charter out of Jamaica...seems the ATWC has deep lease pockets available.

And silly me taking a couple under 7000 lb MTOW legs...I won't get to rent anything terribly expensive this time...maybe. :)

ehmm.. that second leg you got requires something with a MTOW of 7000 lbs or more Matt... just saying...  Still, you need to be able to get it out of that airport as well  ;)

Right Stu...I knew that...Over 7000 lbs.

The old grey jelly aint what it used to be.

I am hoping something with an afterburner might be available...after what will probably prove to be a very cold and miserable crawl around a near frozen Swiss lake...I think I will be wanting something hot and fast.

Oh, and the jelly finally figured out that we are filming the last leg ahead of the order so that you can produce the video hopefully in time to present it soon after we do the next to last leg.

Getting my skype stuff hooked up on the other screen right now. :)