Vintage Air Rally

Micke (Stu) is still around but has just started a new job and his wife is away in the week at work and he has to look after their youngster, that's more than a full time job.

We have yet to discuss ATWC 7 but it will come once we are all ready to take up the challenge again!

Man 'o man, time flies. I created a flight plan of this flight that includes alternate airports where the actual strips are not included in FSX. John Allard also but together all the airport diagrams based off this flight plan. If anyone is interested in it I will upload to the library the related items, just ask here.:)

I have been hoping that ORBX/FTX would come out with their openLC Africa to make this trip that much better but no luck so far. Might still be worth the trip if one has their Global and vector packages.  

13 hours ago, Sam Rutherford said:

Next one is at the start of 2018, Ushuaia2USA! 

That sounds like more than sufficient time to get our Pilot Lights lit up and put another ATWC in the oven. A sector up the South Americas to to USA sounds like a Gas! :D

A possible resource to consider if you wish to link up with a Virtual Rally like ours is this web page that lists all current "Upgraded" Virtual airports around the world...I believe it is updated regularly, so there may be even more down that way by early 2008.

http://www.airdailyx.net/adx-earth-airports/

There are quite a few to choose from in S.America/Central/Caribean if any are usable for the your Real Rally, it  would enhance any Virtual Rally if some of these more realistic Virtual Airports are used in both Rallies. Real World piloting/nav/concerns/accommodations trump any Virtual Concerns of course.

Cheers.

Matt/Coff.

Edited by Captain Coffee