that damned blue screen

Just thought I would share my pain with the class today. Had an issue with the PC last night...ended with a blue screen of death.. insert disc it said and error 0xx000034..google says thats cache manager.... i have disc for windows 8 but about 5 months ago I took the upgrade to 10...I guess putting disc in will put it back to win 8.... however if it doesnt work another option is format drive and start over..not sure how to format drive from blue screen but when i force it to close I can get to BIOS screen if that will help me.. nightmare.. guess I may not be flying for a short while now....

OMG...sorry Wayne.
 That is very bad news, or at least sounds like it Looks like very bad news...Blue is not my favorite color for a screen saver. :(

Hope you get it sorted in short order.

I am delaying rebuilding my sim, but want to badly, and sorta expect it to fatally crash any day now...because I can't find my Windows 7 disc :( Downside of living on a small boat, even though I am sure it is within 10 feet of me, I have no idea what nook or cranny it is hiding in.

Sorry for you Wain, that's one of those things which happen one way or the other to all of us PC users. Usually ends up with a full week end to restore, this is if you have up to date saves of everything important on external discs... Been there several times myself ! :(

nightmare, but I am still smiling....so I got hold of my OEM version of windoze 8, installed, now updating to 8.1........had to do a full install of OS drive so I will be installing all my other stuff over the coming days....its a long job just to do P3D and XP10 and their relevent addons....luckily all addons are backed to an external drive.....my worry is if anything plays up like I am expecting P3D as it was not a proper uninstall......never mind....only lost AH1 & 2 as I did not back them up, 1 is quite easy to rattle some money up in and as for 2 well I have started so many companies in the last 2 years of developement that one more wont make much difference....all our work for our cleaning business is either cloud based or on externals so again thats fine and the laptop can be used for that....oh and all my music will have to be loaded up again....

Jess the PC was just going to blue screen then reboot then blue screen etc etc....I tried to just fix windoze but as the disc was for 8 it kind of spat the dummy out and had a tantrum......

Hopefully when its all done it will be ok.......no reason it shouldn't be......

Thanks....

so got it running, installed P3D, it loads but cant see anything, tried something els, all fine.....delete P3D and install FSX, all goes well, orbx global base installs fine but cant download ftx central....you know I may just give up.......bored with this now......open the window pc coming through.........lol

3 hours ago, wain said:

...you know I may just give up.......bored with this now......open the window pc coming through.........lol

Reminds me of when I tossed my rudder pedals into the marina. :(

Hang in there Wayne. Take a break...not a Break.

• Like 1

Cheers guys...i have a sim...cant get p3d to function nor ftx central...i have fsx loaded with dx10...seems ok i flew around in wales will post some pics for some feedback at some stage... xp10 to go on next ....took 2 days so far... the pics that are on here can i get copies of mine as i have lost them... reloaded OEM version of win 8.1 this happened after the win 10 anniv update..  could be coincidence...