Looks like so far I and a couple of PA-24 commanches are holding down the Light GA Single arm of the MEBAR fleet.

My diminutive but well appointed Carenado T210 Centurian passing a couple of Shark Fin mountains down in the Alberto de Agostini National Park area.

Mebarleg1-1.jpg

Mebarleg1-2.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Captain Coffee said:

Looks like so far I and a couple of PA-24 commanches are holding down the Light GA Single arm of the MEBAR fleet.

You are a very brave band of pilots, either that or you have a death wish!

On 4/7/2017 at 09:19, mutley said:

You are a very brave band of pilots, either that or you have a death wish!

I'd say that about the A2A pilots :salute:...those things actually break down. Caranados are like Timex watches...they keep on ticking so long as they are kept winded up and topped off.. :P

Edit, I see a couple more MHFC members have opted for the Suicide Mode/Single GAs....Cheers especially to @needles AKA Brian Buckley in his A2A Cherokee...balls man, Buckley balls. :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few from leg 1 from me in the Centurian.

I stand corrected about them not failing...had to scramble this leg to figure out that the cowl flaps were wide open and froze the carburetor...a few minutes of panic and slight altitude loss resolved after the motor kicked back in... shortly after pulling the cowl lever to nearly closed....phew.

*Word to the wise...it is very Chilly in Chili! :D

Mebarleg1-3.jpg

Mebarleg1-5.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

That is flying in style! Hope there are spare parts available in Chili for that classic ;)

(And Joe thought I had a death wish...)

Great pics Tobus, permit me to be the first to welcome you to Mutley's Hangar.

Looking forward to seeing some record times from you on this years MEBAR...that baby is just shy of Jet performance. :D

21 minutes ago, brett said:

Great edit :thum: and welcome to the forums here Tobus.:hat: That's a fine looking livery, it complements the P-51 beautifully.:)

Thanks. Not taking credit for it as I found in on the a2a forum. Im doing the aerosoft round the world in her and with 200+ hours on her she's like an extension to me by now. And yes, a2a's actually break, nothing like p#$$¥ carebeo stuff  :whis:. Looking forward to MEBAR2017!

Edited by Tobus[NL]
  • Like 1

No problem, next time just give the guy due credit under the screenshot. :) 

Nothing like an around the world flight to get you comfortable in an aircraft.:D

4 hours ago, Tobus[NL] said:

And yes, a2a's actually break, nothing like p#$$¥ carebeo stuff  :whis:. Looking forward to MEBAR2017!

The design / development philosophy behind A2A and Carenado is completely different, making their products completely different on the obvious levels, and their respective products are aimed at different markets within the flight sim community. To compare the two is like comparing the proverbial apples and oranges and is simply illogical.

Your comment suggests you are not very familiar with Carenado products, otherwise you would know that on some of their latest products you will suffer an engine failure unless you pay close attention to your engine management settings in flight. They are not modeled to the same level as A2A products, but they aren't designed to be. So, a product can't be criticised for being something it isn't designed or doesn't claim to be.

In the end, one's choice of aircraft in flight simming is based on personal choice. For some it's about their favourite aircraft manufacturer, such as Cessna, Beechraft, etc., or a variety of aircraft models to choose from, for others it's about simple, fun flying, or a high degree of realism.

Both A2A and Carenado are leaders in their respective fields and cater to their own respective markets.

• Like 1

Thank you Andrew, doubt I could have stated that better. Carenados and A2A, and every other addon (pirated software excepted), gasp...even wierd freewares...are appreciated for what they are here at Mutleys, and all are welcome.

In that vein I'd also suggest that insulting the MEBAR choice of addon being flown by the guy who just first welcomed you to the board, is not very polite way to begin a forum visit...and not especialy appreciated by this occasional carenado And A2A pilot. ;)

Cheers.

Matt.

• Like 1

Hold your horses guys. No insult was suggested nor intended. Completely agree with Andrew's analysis, please stop being offended of non-verbal tidbits on the internet. As it stands i own plenty if crates from both developers and more and like them all in their own niche.

2 hours ago, Tobus[NL] said:

Hold your horses guys. No insult was suggested nor intended. Completely agree with Andrew's analysis, please stop being offended of non-verbal tidbits on the internet. As it stands i own plenty if crates from both developers and more and like them all in their own niche.

Tobus,

As Mutley Crew (we don't like the term Moderators), it is out job to ensure topic threads present a balanced view, so that other members are presented with an unbiased opinion. Your reference to Carenado aircraft using the statement, "...nothing like p#$$¥ carebeo stuff  :whis:..." unfairly compared them to A2A products and strongly implied Carenado products are sub-standard. As you also made that reference following on from another member's entry, the Carenado Cessna T210, it can be misinterpreted as somewhat derogatory.

For my part, my post provided the necessary balance to correct the illogic in comparing two products which fill completely different niche markets in flight simulator aircraft add-ons.

I hear ya Andrew. But I'm not making a federal case out of this and neither should you. One can interpret or MISinterpret all they want for all I care. Rest assured (again) that I did not mean any insult nor any derogatory stance towards any developer nor the ones flying their products in the MEBAR. As it stands I'll refrain from using words that can be (mis)interpreted in that regard to the best of my abilities, as long you may understand that the (mis)interpretation lies with the reader, not with the writer. As simple "what do you mean by that statement" would have cleared things more up than you having to write a novel-length text that amounts to a slap on the wrist (my interpretation).

So move on, I already have ;-).

I'm off to flight #1! 

We consider ourselves as a pretty friendly forum Tobus and I think you have to agree that everyone here not only welcomed you nicely but also were very nice when helping you out with your questions about flying in your first rally. Then you post an image that you had not created and after you honestly admitted it wasn't yours I nicely told you what the appropriate thing to do in the future was in the same friendly tone that Andrew and Matt used.

Now I don't know if it was to sound cool or act tough you then proceeded to issue a, how should I say, an inflaming statement. Not only did the head of our review staff and also a moderator here call you on it so did another member and they, like you, have a right to speak freely as long as it doesn't go against our community guidelines. Now this reader, also a moderator, took what you said the same way as they did and I agree with there responses. They were polite and informative in their posts, just like I have been to this point, you then reply in a defensive and borderline offense way. So in the nicest way possible I would say that if you tell me to "Move on" all I can say in response is it was nice knowing you.

Moving on and back on topic I would suggest you disable A2A's damage modeling for this rally as it is a timed trial and you wouldn't want anything bad happening along the legs. Although I also enjoy their products they can make the fun of the rally end in awful score after all that hard work without an adjustment in settings. Enjoy the flights Tobus and good luck. :)  

• Like 2

No problem Dave, if you have a image hosting service you would just use that and post the direct link to the page. If not you can go to our forum home page and down the right side is our FS Snaps service, create an account, and you can find the 'How To' page for directions from the 'About' drop down list in the top right corner. Any other questions please feel free.:)

• Like 2

Any MEBAR users are welcome to sign up to our free image hosting service http://fs-snaps.com  and link your image uploads to here!

Looking forward to a few more shots,  I have some from another test flight today :) 

EDIT: Ooops,  sorry... what Brett said! :th_blush:  (I can't keep up  with the Crew at the moment!)

• Like 1

Once the image uploads and shows up, go down to where it says embed codes and click on that. If you copy the first on the list "Image URL" using the easy 'Copy' button, (note it might ask for permission to copy, select yes and copy again) then just paste that link into your post and the image will appear on it's own. 

The insert other media is for  pasting the address from other media sources.:)