It looks good and the aircraft rendering is fantastic, I love the wobbling gauge needles..  From height the ground looks real, I wonder what detail it has when flying low.

I will be watching this carefully to see how it develops, both in terms of simulator implementation and in popularity.

It will be interesting to see what add-ons are produced for it in time, but those of you who know me well will know that if the aircraft don't have roundels on then it wont be high on my Christmas list!  

1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

It looks really really good. Is this going to be The Next Gen FS? It looks to be on track towards it.

Only time will tell. If enough people get on the early view and feedback thoughts and issues, then we will end up with a great product.

• Like 1

It really does look good and I really do hope it is the next best flight sim to carry simmers into the next couple of decades but it better have not only all the feature FSX already has but much, much more or I'm afraid it will not stand up to the masses that have spent and will continue to spend lots of money on FSX and other sims already on the market.

More power to them and I hope they have learned that hype alone does not a product make.:D

• Like 1

I think as long as they get some big name devs onboard as well as ORBX  then they should be ok, lots moan about TSW (Train Sim World) and there other train stuff but that seems to sale a bit every year they bring stuff out.....I feel though the need for Heavies and hopefully a good weather addon.......as long as they listen to simmers they should do ok....watching from the sidelines initially, I am happy with my XP set up at the moment.....

• Like 1

For me it's interesting news, being a GA flyer only and sitting on the fence to replace my FSX Gold one of these days ( and being in no hurry as it works fine ). I bought FSX Steam when it was 5 $ so it won't be a great sacrifice if I ditch it ( until now used it 10 minutes to check if it worked )

64 bits and ORBX/A2A stuff are surely good points for this newcomer, might jump in the early access if price is reasonable.

• Like 1

According to my email from dovetail anyone like myself that had flightschool will be getting a gifted early access copy of FSW?.. Anyone else had this? 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, wain said:

According to my email from dovetail anyone like myself that had flightschool will be getting a gifted early access copy of FSW?.. Anyone else had this? 

Hi Wayne, yes this has been widely publicised (except here, apologies)

Of course we will be effectively beta testing it and expect many updates before the Release To Market version is available.

• Like 1

yeah well at least we can see first hand what its like, posts on steam already include........P3DV4 or FSW.......why no 3rd party addons.....why no airliners....steam haters...dovetail haters....

the whole worlds gone mad, it's not out yet wait and see then voice your concerns, had the same whilst we were BETA on XP11....

• Like 1

I think one of the biggest arguments I have heard about Dovetail/Steam especially in their train sims is that they do not fix all the problems in a release, they will come out with one or two fixes, sort of like Carenado, and call it a day. Not a good way to keep the customers happy but they know that folks will buy the products anyway so why bother.

If they do it right and can covert the longtime FSXer's they could have a gold mine,  it's a tall order for sure. I got plenty to do in the mean time so I for one will wait until it's out for awhile anyway. Heck, I have purchased so much scenery and aircraft that I have only used once, time to explore some more.........

• Like 1

Just a few observations of the beta as it stands so far from the video. I like the interface of the sim, compared to fsx, much more intuitive. Like the video maker I hope they create a much better ATC than fsx to include levels of emergency or Pan-Pan calls and a larger variety of situations like reporting points and such and I hope it doesn't sound like a drunk or coked out computer voice. Also to get rid of the dreaded "I forgot about you" IFR problems that had you flying off to the wild blue yonder without direction. Sid's and Star's would of course be welcome. Another thing that was missing was real time weather, I really hope they include that from the get-go. I also hope they include at least the C172 as I'm not to impressed with a few of the aircraft that are so far included. With the addition of 64bit I figured the cockpits would look a bit more real instead of the almost plastic like look that X-Plane suffers from. Along those lines I thought the runway lights would be given an update instead of the ball of light that was shown. I also hope that I do not have to do the lessons to be type rated on an aircraft to be able to fly it, that would be a pain in the rear end. The scenery looks a lot better than default fsx except in those areas noted by the vid maker and not having that horrible airport flattening will also be a big plus. As to making missions or flight situations I hope they improve or should I say add more variables that were left out of fsx when they closed down the team, a simple example would be the ability to disable the GPS and more advanced would be adding more hard points to all sim containers to add things like emergency lights, fixing the attach actions and adding more variables to failures and actions. All the effects could be improved from fsx. That's it, my opinions only and since it's only in beta I'm sure they are working furiously to keep improving their product. So they are headed in the right direction, it looks pretty darn good and I give them a pat on the back for throwing another flight sim into the mix.:)     

nice one Brett, that's what good feedback looks like, sadly over on Steam there is so much negativity for a product we haven't seen yet and the only footage is early access, I feel like we had with XP11 people will be straight on it with their demands and criticisms before it's finished. If it is poor then once it's on full release lets say so....I hope they succeed as FSX technically could do with an update to take advantage of new tech that we have now, as for the DLC arguement I imagine we have all bought ASN/REX/ORBX/PMDG/JF/A2A etc which in reality are DLC just from different sources....I do agree though if you have a sim running smoothly and you don't tinker constantly then why rush to change, I think if I hadn't tried flightschool thereby giving a free copy of FSW I would wait like most others.....more competion in the end will be good hopefully for all of our pockets my main concern is how Dovetail do like to bring out a new train sim etc it seems every year (I may be wrong) and that my cause addon issues....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I waited with anticipation for this product's release, nevertheless, I usually exhaust YouTube, Twitch and Mutley reviews before spending a single penny. This was no exception and so I beetled across to Twitch where I knew a very well known flight simmer was waiting for FSW to unlock. But boy, did he trash it! Never mind that it is an early release. Never mind that FSX is supported by Orbx, Aerosoft, Carenado and REX to name just a few, I was surprised that he couldn't give FSW a single good word. So I'll continue to wait with anticipation to see what the next couple of years brings and what third party support comes through, because as it stands, I think FSW is a step back from my FS-SE with the hundreds of ££££ I have invested, it might have helped their cause if we could ship FS add-ons across, which I am led to believe we can't.

• Like 1

at the moment Lucy I believe waiting is the best policy, I got it for free but I really wouldn't have paid for it in its current state...

ATC no sound, lots of people with that issue, close sim and start again usually fixes it...

Contols profiles not saving, not had this but again lots have and it's a pain....

trees everywhere, my city looks like a village in a forest, and Bristol isn't that small...

If Dovetail listen and go through a good period of updates then this could be ok, but like you said, and so many others have to, we have invested in lots of addons that are not going to work in this so to make the break this needs to be spot on, currently it's not, it looks poor and they trumpet 64bit as the big thing, well my P3D is 32bit but looks so much better, my XP is 64bit but you can still have low fps as the 64bit only really deals with OOM issues....

I wouldn't be surprised if a weekend soon it's available on Steam very cheaply to get the numbers up.....

• Like 1

In my mind they are not trying to convert us old time FSX users but biding their time for a new generation of flight sim users that haven't spent a ton of money on addons yet on the older sim platform. :D 

• 1 month later...
On 2017-5-5 at 11:03, Corsaire31 said:

For me it's interesting news, being a GA flyer only and sitting on the fence to replace my FSX Gold one of these days ( and being in no hurry as it works fine ). I bought FSX Steam when it was 5 $ so it won't be a great sacrifice if I ditch it ( until now used it 10 minutes to check if it worked )

64 bits and ORBX/A2A stuff are surely good points for this newcomer, might jump in the early access if price is reasonable.

Was thinking just the same as Loic says, but loosing all those addons, that's why I consider P3Dv4 in the future.  Although I really like those rainy effects on the windshield, looks stunning, don't think I've seen this in P3D yet?

FSX can do it so I would gather P3Dv4 could too, it was a fps killer so most developers never bothered including it in the models. Maybe with 64bit they will merge it back in again.

• 2 weeks later...

update for this, however I have an issue with Steam where I can't sign in to the client thing it installs to pc...asked for support from Steam they basically replied with a comment about its must be my network ticket closed...not to fussed about FSW but can't update ETS2 or ATS......tried all things listed on thier page but nothing changes.. I did ask if reinstallation of Steam means doing likewise with all other stuff but they don't seem to want to answer......

You think they are in a bad mood right now.:P

You just might have to start all over and check that the client works first off before installing a bunch of other stuff. What happens when you try to sign in?

• Like 1
On 06/07/2017 at 01:57, brett said:

You think they are in a bad mood right now.:P

You just might have to start all over and check that the client works first off before installing a bunch of other stuff. What happens when you try to sign in?

so after no help from Steam I did a full uninstall reinstall, and all works well, didn't realise but when I upgraded some parts earlier this year I set up my docs folder, which is where ATS/ETS2 saves to, I set it up on Microsft Onedrive so after install of ATS all my career saves and profiles are there....I did a clever thing there but don't know how......

• Like 1