MUTLEYS HANGAR WORLD CUP THREAD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my predictions work out, England will play Argentina in the final. I'm hoping we win with a controversial goal. Mwahahaha

you know what they say Rob "What goes around, comes around"...... :stars:

If my predictions work out, England will play Argentina in the final. I'm hoping we win with a controversial goal. Mwahahaha

That would be just too good, or even winning on penalties! :stars:

Well done to USA tonight, despite what the pudits say, I thought england were poor tonight. Their finishing was shocking

I'll agree our finishing was poor, but near all our shots were at Foster, passing was snappy, precise and overall very disciplined. The USA are a strong team with some very good players, why else do we see them in the Premiership?

Personally, i think we played very well, and should take some positives from the game...for example i heard that Robert Green is now being sponsored by Utterly Butterly!

heskey played exceptionally well, he's not a finisher and this is where he gets criticised. Heskey is an out and out play-maker, and last night he did exactly that. Heskey, Rooney, Lennon and Gerrard worked extremely well in my eyeswith lots of pressure and shots on target at Howard. Take Heskey out of the mix and we lost that strength in pushing forwards. Crouch came on to add some height to the team for the higher crosses into the box that Heskey couldn't deal with.

I can't see what we English are all upset about, last night was a strong performance spoilt by a goalkeeping mistake. Get over it, be positive and lets push on for the final - LET'S DO IT FOR SIR BOBBY!

England%20flag-M-anim.gif

So far there really hasn't been that many great matches.. the only team that has really played well in my opinion is Germany.. But the opposition wasn't the best, and they did get good help from the Ref..

oh my, what a waste of 3hrs of my life, first off New Zealand .vs. Slovakia - a slow, tactical game with two boring goals. Then Portugal .vs. Ivory Coast - another game where i almost fell asleep.

I really do hope that Brazil get the tempo up, else i'll be falling asleep well before bed time!

I really do hope that Brazil get the tempo up, else i'll be falling asleep well before bed time!

Brazil 2-1 N. Korea - what a game, N. Korea really making a name for them selves, even in defeat. Best game of the tournament so far no doubt...Kept me on the edge of my seat for the fullo 90 minutes, i hope England and Capello were watching, some very good defending by Korea, fantastic game... Brazil for the World Cup? maybe, let's see what Spain can produce tomorrow.

Agreed Simi.

I had Brazil pencilled in for 8-0, lol. Full marks to Korea: defended heroicly and played well on the counter attack. I don't think you will see a better example of guts and determination in this tournament.

I hope England were watching and taking note!

Spain................er WTF!?! did they even show up, i never even knew Switzerland played football internationally...but to WIN 1-nil against the team pipped to be the tournament winners, er, well i'm speechless!

Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear... South Africa...

First time they've ever lost at the Pretoria Stadium I believe? Uruguay have smashed 'em 2-0 and Forlan has been oustanding for Uruguay.

Slight correction there Jack .....3-0 Final score to Uruguay. Brilliant game and imo the best game so far of the 2010 world cup.

Forlan was outstanding. All over the pitch, scored 2 and helped set up the 3rd. Brilliant.

And that's coming from a non football fan. Did you notice the fans leaving the stadium afer the 2nd goal?

Well Done Uruguay!

Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear... South Africa...

First time they've ever lost at the Pretoria Stadium I believe? Uruguay have smashed 'em 2-0 and Forlan has been oustanding for Uruguay.

Slight correction there Jack .....3-0 Final score to Uruguay. Brilliant game and imo the best game so far of the 2010 world cup.

Forlan was outstanding. All over the pitch, scored 2 and helped set up the 3rd. Brilliant.

And that's coming from a non football fan. Did you notice the fans leaving the stadium afer the 2nd goal?

Well Done Uruguay!

No correction Brian... It was 2-0 when I made my post ;) .

And yes, I did notice the fans leaving! Quite discraceful really abandoning your home nation in your home country over two measly goals! Grrr! :wow:

Apologies Jack. When I used to go to Rugby matches, one cardinal rule was...never leave the ground until the game was over. Both out of sheer determination to see the end result, whatever that was and secondly out of respect to the players who are there really, to entertain the crowd. (Whether that was to the crowds liking or not).

I've never really got into watching football except for the odd final now and again, but the world cup has always gripped me. I wish wars were settled by playing a game eh?

Looking at the history and statistics of the world cup it should go to Brazil or one of the african nations since Brazil is the only country to win the world cup outside of it's home continent (if you count north and south america as one continent...)

And if Brazil can preform as they did during parts of the game against N. Korea they do look good for the title..