Guess The Airport 2011...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so, it's an overhead taking off from 180, no trickery!

C'mon, Boss - it is upside down, isn't it?!? Last time i looked, 180 degrees was down - not up!! :clapping:

BTW, is there something in how ions go from place to place... :th_smiles73:

Afiat - Dai. :cool:

373 would be a useful number here

Interestinger and interestinger...

I've got the airport nailed (so does Dai) but will let the others cogitate for a while. There's a dilemma with the above clue, however. How can I do this without giving too much away?

While it's perfectly accurate in the RW, in stock FSX and FS9, the... errr... object in question has a different... value.

You may have add-on scenery that brings FS in synch with the RW but for those with stock FS in either flavor, that clue is a red herring that leads nowhere. I found this place only by searching real world values for the thing referenced by that clue.

John

Hi John, yes that is a real world reference, sorry for the Herring rouge, I didn't think for a second that FS would be wrong.

Dai, my overhead shots air aircraft orientated not north orientated, I hope that explains it, I haven't seen the airport name and ICAO yet?

O.K. - I guess I'll come clean! I got it from Joe's Indonesian Airlines B744, turned his top-down the 'right' way up and looked around Tim's Plan-G for an east coast 18/36 field...

Came up with Natuna-Ranai (WION) - and the FSX view confirmed it. What the "373" means, I'm not sure, but the NDB frequencies don't match either - unless it's the approach frequency?

Nice one, Joe... :thum:

Ciao - Dai. :cool:

Well done Dai, 373 was the NDB but as John says that is real world and on this occasion FS wasn't "As real as it gets"!

Glad you got the livery I downloaded it especailly for the default aircraft :yesa:

Over to you Boyo

Edit..oops RW is 383 :wacko: what a c*ck up!

Close, but not Rallye de France. Look carefully at the car door (it's one of the reasons why I chose such a big picture). Part of the stage is held, not on the airfield itself, but within the military training grounds of which the airfield is part.