• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.... On this planet John! ♬ There is a house.... ♬

Nobody yet?

Since this is a smaller general airport I will include a few more hints. Hope I don't give it away, making up clues is driving me crazy today, if no one figures this airport out I'll be headed for the straight jacket. :wacko2:

1. Rumor has it that a famous acting couple have homes in the town where this airport is located.

2, The valley where this airport resides is named after a famous star.

Was thinkin of Star Valley Wyoming but theres no water nearby?

George Lucas has a ranch called Skywalker but checked no airport..

Trying..

Guess it may require more hints

Be happy to help James. I feel bad I used a bit of misdirection with the first two numbered clues because they were directed at the name of the town and valley where the airport is located, so here is a clue that might help you with the actual name of the airport.

3. Has been considered in the past, and even now as a religon, but it's goals are not quite the same as standard religious beliefs.

Hope this helps reveal the answer. I only have two more clues that aren't as tricky to figure out and I'm pretty sure they will give it away.

Edit I'm not sure how long you like to keep this going, so chime in if you would like me to reveal the last two clues. Just remember that the thrill of figuring it out is always more exciting than finally knowing. :)

Wrong on both all I'm sorry to say jaydor but your close. I can tell you that it is roughly between Ontario and Paris if that helps. :)

For the folks that aren't familier with the aircraft in the third clue don't feel bad, you might not want to be. From on close or from afar it was pretty spooky.(double clue)

Well it's a DC-3 Gunship (Spectra?)

It is or was a DC-3 but you know how the military loves to re-designate things Kieran. First It's one thing and then the next thing you know it's something else, very confusing. I don't recall it ever being called a Spectra at the time(could be wrong)probably had another nickname, another thing the military likes to do.

If I may chip in...

The AC-47 gunship (i.e. based on the Dakota) was called Spooky (or sometimes 'Puff the Magic Dragon'). The AC-130 gunship (i.e. based on the Hercules) was called a Spectre (sic).

Now I just need to go back up this thread to the original clues about the airfield and not dive in to a discussion about the aircraft! :P

I firgured I should justify my clues so here it goes,

Firstly, I tried to use mis-direction(another magician term :rolleyes: ) in my clues and my banter is also sprinkled with some terms. The first word in my posting is Ta-da the definition is something you or a magician says right before showing something exciting. I will go back/edit and highlight in red the words or phrases that I used that I felt had something to do with magic and that would reinforce any correct guesses.

Clue#1. Rumor or Rumer Willis is the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore and they both have homes in the town of Hailey, Idaho.

Clue#2. A famous(well known) star is the sun. The town of Hailey is in Sun Valley as is the airport.

Clue#3. Magic as we now know is the answer and is sometimes regarded as more focused on achieving results than religious worship.

Clue#4. As Mark pointed out is the AC-47 also nicknamed 'Puff the Magic Dragon'

Clue#5. NASA has awarded the Cessna company with a contract to work on a new Magic Skin for aircraft

FreeBee Clue. As James so rightly pointed out Paris, Idaho(you were so close mate! :faint: ) was correct and the Magic Reservoir Airport is roughly halfway between there and the city of Ontario, Oregon.

I hope I played your game correctly and it wasn't too devious for the viewing audience but just right. ;) That was fun, thanks for letting me play. :thum:

What put me onto the trail was the Ontario/Paris clue, although there was more than one Ontario as well as more than one Paris, so it took a bit of time. Great clue! :thum:

Here's the next one:

2012-5-5_19-24-20-531.jpg

I want the airport in the foreground. The one in the background is a clue: find that and you find the one in the foreground. The clouds are also a clue, if you imagine them as something other than clouds, at this time of the year, in this country (although it never looks this bad, more sparse, but visible for miles).

Same hemisphere....

Second clue: The airport in the background, in FSX, shares its name with a city, but in real life has been (fairly recently) renamed in honour of a politician. The one in the foreground's name...has something to do with money.