Guess The Airport

Thanks Ros, my first investigations let me to the Salento peninsula, there's not that many airports there and Taranto rang a bell with previous Italian dance searches.

Good clue :thanks:

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.... On this planet John! ♬ There is a house.... ♬

• 2 weeks later...

Look very near where an odd-numbered, two-digit isogonic of the "least" crosses an even-numbered line of latitude under the eye of Polaris, in an inhospitable hamlet named for a Knighted Saint's sublimely hospitable isle. Beware that North may not be North, either by the vagaries of nature, or by me.

This should separate the groupies from the rock stars. The images probably won't be much of a help except as confirmation once you think you have it.

John

y4mWA6GmX3ulvxbJs_DlS-Q8UFMNrad__mpVIRpm

y4mt7ahH7Kabn7at7VDCx9Wck0Sn42agW_jXdV6g

y4mgG96SZfMVPkIilwqjhx_Os18vmJ5n3oONMwrm

y4mr1VYf_zmd7xaOpYDLgfXu1PRyIzW16y6lYgD8

John,

It is Indian Mountain LRRS (UTO) - Utopia Creek, Alaska.

Saint Thomas Moore being the "Knighted Saint", Utopia being the neologism for his "sublimely hospitable isle", and 66 degress N being the latitude.

Cheers

Andrew

John,

The only thing I couldn't quite get was the "isogonic".  As an old cartographer (not quite so old), an isogonic can be a contour line or a line of constant magnetic declination (amongst other types) and it was the one thing that eluded me.

Cheers

Andrew