• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

I've been using variatons of "short, fat and ugly" as a search term but so far am always redirected to Hillary Clinton's campaign home page.

John

LOL, I take it you're not a fan then? :D

Look for the mystical folk such as Gnomes, pixies, goblins and faireys!

It's not that hard.... (as the actress said to the Bishop)

Look at Brian went recently, far in advance of others, the odd are on at 4/5 down you'll win a clue on this.

I'll bump this one along...with all credit due to Alan for the obvious clues. Fairey wiki search turned up the Fairey Delta 1: A cute little jet that apparently went No Where due to crappy handling...but served as a test bed for early experiments with delta wings, or something like that per Wiki.

Fairey_Delta_FD1.jpg

As I am by no means an obscure airplane buff, If this is indeed the correct aircraft, I would like to turn it back to Alan because his clues turned it up, and it is certain he will come up with something better than I for the next round of Not Guessing ...my general play style, because i just visit this thread to see all the cool airplanes you guys dig up...so get back to it!!! :D

Alright...assuming it is the correct airplane, I'll try to find something.

Tip: Google "obscure airplanes", "Weird Planes", "one of a kind planes" and you may shorten the guessing phase of the game :)

Ok...I have no idea what this is. I am relying on one of you to tell ME!! I need to know now having found just an image of it... :(

WTF%20plane.jpg

And more important...is it available for FSX?!

(phew...found out what it is...let the Alan getting it in one shot commence :D )

Its a cunning  WW2 German aircraft.  The idea was that having one engine in the left wing would prevent the right one being shot up by the allies.

As the German marbles player said, "I seem to haff lost mine marbles, zere voss errmm ....etwas mehr als vierzig in der tasche"

I will leave this one to someone else. 

The BV141 actually flew very well and pre production versions were tested over the Eastern front, However the German air ministry were somewhat sceptical of the assymetric design and instead opted for the FW189 instead, there was also some political pressure as well which meant that BV were somewhat out of favour at the time. The 141 was always the better aircraft though. BV also had similar aircraft in the pipeling including the P194 fighter and ground attack aircraft which had both a prop and a jet engine!

BV141high_zpsa4f6ffd8.jpg

BVp194toff_zps65e6bf63.png