:yikes: I actually got it right and I really do not know much about aircraft as you have probably noticed. If you all will give me a bit of time I will try to come up with something to give all the experts here a challenge. Time for a quick bit of a history learn'in. :huh:
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Correct my green faced friend. :thum: It is a Vimy, a replica to be exact. I didn't think it would take too long for this one but she sure is nice to look at and thought it would be a great addition to this thread. More information can be found here on this aircraft.

vimybyrcooke.jpg

Over to you Alan.......

Ah , the spirit of Brooklands, I've been lucky enough to see this aircraft several times, tha last time was when she was on finals for Goodwood and flew slowly across Fontwell Racecourse as we listened to an evening concert. It was a magical sight. The aircraft is now in the Brooklands Museum as far as I know.

OK for the next one I'd like you to have a bash at this one. It should be fairly easy.

DSCF6254-1.jpg

Interesting plane, that PT-22. Haven't seen that many open-cockpit monoplanes...

Anyway, here's the next one:

mutleysgta.jpg

Have fun!

I'm guessing an AgustaWestland AW139. And not only an AW139 but one flown by Ornge, Ontario Air Ambulance.

Ya you can't miss the colour of that paint job. Plus I'm from Ontario and have seen many Ornge helo's come into my airport. There is/was a huge scandle when Ornge bought these helo's.

I'll get a new aircaft soon as I find one.

They are a great aircraft, Our coastguard uses them now, they finally sorted out the night flying problems and were able to retire the S61Ns. personally though I thought those big Sikorskys had more of a prescense.

Our local guys in action just off the beach last year !

ArmedforcesdayJune2010062.jpg

ArmedforcesdayJune2010061.jpg

ArmedforcesdayJune2010075.jpg

Hmm not sure, that control column looks far too heavy for the apparent size of the aircraft. Not a single seater with a control wheel thats for sure. Yet the curve of the dash seems to indicate a fairly small aircraft! and apparently Canadian built at that according to the makers label.