Earth Simulations website unavailable

• 1 month later...

Another six weeks have passed, and still no news about ES Isle of Man. I really wish that someone could find out what is happening over there.

We have all tried Christopher,

The only man that knows what is going on is Darren himself and he is not taking phone calls or emails.

I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. I would imagine the first we will hear would be from PlaySims publishing http://www.playsimspublishing.com/ who I know have close dealings with Darren.

I think from previous posts on the ES forum we can safely assume Darren was doing some work with Orbx that was subject to an NDA. It wouldn't take much imagination to extend that work to the further FTX regions that we know are in the pipeline. If that's the case then Darren is demonstrating impeccable integrity by his continued silence. When a new product comes it comes, although I'd like to hear some news as much as anyone else :)

K

The question is.....what does The Isle of Man have to do with ORBx products? As far as I am aware, it is photoscenery based. I would hate to think that it has been put on the back burner whilst FTX "whatever" is made. I can appreciate that an association with ORBx could be very productive for Earth Simulations, but it would be nice to at least be told that this is the reason for the delay. Darren has not visited the ES forum since November 26 last year!

I don't mind admitting that this complete silence is doing my head in at the moment. It is far too much like the "Horizon Syndrome" for my liking.

Chris, I think it could be nothing more complex than If Darren is working on a collaboration somewhere else because its a lucrative piece of work for him, there may not be enough hours in the day to do IOM as well? NDAs can be very restrictive so maybe silence just means there is nothing that legally CAN be said? I don't know, and if that speculation is correct, we probably never will. I'm resigned to just waiting, hoping that something great is creeping closer to our FSX installations ;)

K

• 4 weeks later...