RAF 90th Anniversary screenshot contest #1

All three are excellent, Simon - well done! Did you use FSRecorder for 'Dawn Raiders'?

Cheers - Dai. :wacky:

Cheers Dai.

No, no use of FSRecorder for 'Dawn Raiders'. I actually flew real time a mission that came with the Shockwave Productions "FirePower" add-on for CFS3... awesome flight models/liveries and i got to blow the :sleep: out of a 'Jerry' factory at Stuttgart - all round good fun!!

There's some really great shots being posted here, you guys are so creative :wacky:

What I have seen here so far falls well with in bounds of minor editing to me, what I didn't want in this competition was the composite type of shot with real world elements edited in, that will be for the next competition, I already have another great prize lined up. :sleep:

Cheers

The contest has now finished and we have a winner :clap:

Thanks to those who made an effort and joined in the spirit (Even if it was in the wrong forum)

Special thanks to

reef

ddavid

Simi_av8r

icudan

grth_bbtt

Not the turnout I was hoping for, there's quite a few notable members missing but we have a winner!

Remembering the topic was "Shots of of second world war RAF aircraft only" Sorry Dan I love the 'phoon but wrong era.

It's a shame Oleg Maddox posted his Gloucester Gladiator on the wrong forum :doh but it was a good shot.

th_gladiator2.jpg

So our winner is..

...nearly there

...it's got to be..

Simi_av8r! :wow: :yes: :thumbup: for this shot which, for me, captures the moment perfectly and is a worthy winner against some other excellent shots, well done Simi.

4f77e59b.jpg

The calendar will be winging it's way to you.

Thanks again everyone for entering.

Cheers

yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i won i won i won!! :wow::wow::wow:... errr... errrmmmm... speach, erm, oh crikey... err... i'd like to thank my wife, for her patience with me when i'm flying.... er, Microsoft for CFS3, without it i'd never have made this shot.. who else... errr... Oh, you guys here, many thanks for your kind words and appreciative comments for screenshots and works of art.. OH, and last, but most importantly, Joe for his hard work and dedication for us all here on the hangar, THANK YOU ALL!!!

:thumbup: :yes: :wow: :clap: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

wow, thanks guys, so much love! Also, my congrats to all that entered, some excellent images putting up extreme competition, excellent guys, well done to all!

Simi

I say - what a spiffing result?!? Well done Birthday Boy!! Lovely bit of editing....

That's quite a week you're having, eh Simon??!!

Cheers - Dai. :eyebrow:

Thanks Dai, much appreciated.

and the birthday was yesterday...but not to worry, still partying into tonight with the family, heck there's a few Czech premium imported beer's (sent as a birthday gift from a Czech friend no less!) in my fridge - although a few less than there was this morning!

there's a few Czech premium imported beer's (sent as a birthday gift from a Czech friend no less!) in my fridge - although a few less than there was this morning!

Hang on I'm on my way to help you dispose of them is a safe manner. I'll be there in around... 3 hours and I'll bring the calendar!!

Cheers

there's a few Czech premium imported beer's (sent as a birthday gift from a Czech friend no less!) in my fridge - although a few less than there was this morning!

Hang on I'm on my way to help you dispose of them is a safe manner. I'll be there in around... 3 hours and I'll bring the calendar!!

Cheers

too late fella, sorry. All gone, you didnt show up so continued drinking 'til i couldn't find the fridge... party's over now, so back to the grind wheel for another year i guess!