Announcing Section 1 of ATWC SiX - Bidding closed

Greetings all Hangarians interested in ATWX SiX.

(If you are reading this as a guest at these forums you are more than welcome too, but in order to take part you will need to sign up for a free membership on the forum).

It's now the time to start your preparations for this relay adventure around the world. 

The departure board has been updated, and the basic information on the first ten legs can be found there, but for further information regarding distances and any restrictions in place here's a more full blown list.

Section1_Breifing_version.JPG

As you can see by the list only nine of the ten legs are open for bidding in this section. Traditionally the first leg has always been flown by the Hangarian supreme leader Joe, but this time he has graciously extended this honor the whole Mutley's Hangar Crew. Any Crew member that can is welcome to take place in an online event for this flight, and Joe will then do his best to sort out something resembling a PIREP of the mayhem that flight will most likely turn into.

Due to this slight change in proceedings all Crew members that take part in the first flight will be at the bottom of the picking order when the rest of the legs in this section are assigned.

Also note that on leg three some poor adventurer will have to fly an Ultralight from Orkney Island out to Shetland Islands... That should be a nice challenge using real world weather in January  :whis:

The bidding window for section one will open on Sunday January the 4th at 10:00 AM UTC, and only bids that arrive in my inbox after that time will be taken into consideration when assigning flights. The bidding window will remain open until all flights are assigned to a pilot.

In order to take part in this all you need to do is send in an e-mail with your bid once the bidding window opens and keep your fingers crossed that no one else nicked that perfect leg you had your eyes set on.

If you feel uncertain on how to make that bid take a look at the rules page for detailed instructions. In short you will need to send an e-mail to atwc@mutleyshangar.com containing a list of the legs you wish to bid on, and in case you are bidding for a leg with a restriction you will also need to include the type of aircraft you plan on using so we can make sure your bid meets the restriction criteria imposed on that leg.

Since flights are assigned in the order I receive the bids having more than one leg in you bid will greatly increase the odds of getting a leg assigned to you, especially if you happen to send your bid in more than 6-12 hours after the bidding window opens. To those members that are in a time zone where you are more than likely sleeping when the bidding window opens, in future sections we will move the start of the bidding window to increase your odds of getting an early bid in.

Also, please include the words "ATWC SiX" in the subject of your e-mail to minimize the risk of me missing your bid in my SPAM ridden in-box  :thum:

That should be all for now. It's now up to you to figure out if you want to fly that ultralight or if you prefer a warmer flight deck on one of the other legs.

Looking forward to your bids, and the PIREPs to come once we get this thing rolling.

Safe Skies

Micke

Update on the bidding so far:

Leg 2: Unassigned

Leg 3: Unassigned

Leg 4: Unassigned

Leg 5: Unassigned

Leg 6: Assigned to Matt Gardner

Leg 7: Assigned to Kieran Marshall

Leg 8: Assigned to Brian Cowell

Leg 9: Unassigned

Leg 10: Assigned to John Guest

So keep those bids coming, we've got some way to go before we can start the adventure.

I will grab one leg, preferably Leg 5, but I'll await further bids before I put my name on the roster.

One more update, almost there now.

We just need two more pilots if I grab one of the legs.

Leg 2: Assigned to Kasper Hanselman

Leg 3: Assigned to Brian Buckley

Leg 4: Unassigned

Leg 5: Assigned to Mikael Stockfors (if no one else wants it over leg 4 or leg 9)

Leg 6: Assigned to Matt Gardner

Leg 7: Assigned to Kieran Marshall

Leg 8: Assigned to Brian Cowell

Leg 9: Unassigned

Leg 10: Assigned to John Guest

All flights are assigned and we're ready to go. 

Check the departure board for your flights, and as we progress the deadline for each of the PIREPs will be added there, found in the ETA Column.